Childish Things We Love to Do

quinn1

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 10:08 pm
Flour fights with children are interesting..however Ive noticed that no one wins

really

at some point it stops and you all have to clean..ugh

It is however not if you win or loose but....
how you play the game

children, animals...it all works the same
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 10:08 pm
Childlike contrariness, i.e..My wife and I can be in an argument, and I can be on my way out of the room. Then she'll say somethig like, "Why don't you take your ass on out of the room?" Now I can't leave, for a few minutes! Mad
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 10:10 pm
Another great game with children is to feed the giant in the ceiling raw eggs for breakfast. Also messy.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 10:12 pm
Booman wrote:
Childlike contrariness, i.e..My wife and I can be in an argument, and I can be on my way out of the room. Then she'll say somethig like, "Why don't you take your ass on out of the room?" Now I can't leave, for a few minutes! Mad

Booman--That is childish?
I thought that was normal.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:08 am
quinn1,
I'm at that in between stage, my children are too grown up to play silly games, except with each other, and I don't have those grandchildren yet, which I'm not ready for anyway. So, I don't need an excuse to act like a child huh? Let me give that some thought Very Happy

Lash Goth,
I spit marshmallows at my dog, which she catches in the air.
My teen girls have belching contests with each other, but I'm too much a lady to join in, even if I did, they would beat me hands down. Smile
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:51 am
JD..OH My gosh..I do the egg thing too...however it needs not involve children and is usually whichever poor slob aint awake enough to know whats comin, passing an egg and opps...omlet in your hand..hehehe
..that whole ceiling thing..oh, thats just bad..verry messy me thinks

no excuses needed to act childish..nope none at all
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 10:13 am
Every year for Christmas I would ask Santa for a toy that my cat could enjoy. Yo-yos, Slinkies, tops, plastic bubbles, bubbles that come in jars. But I finally had to fess up the year I wanted finger paints. Let's face it. I cat doesn't have fingers. They weren't as much fun as I remembered, but the smell was exactly as I remembered.

I have some food rituals that might be viewed as childish--or just nutty. But they're carried over from childhood. I have to eat M&Ms in a particular order--dark brown, light brown, red, green, etc. I have to eat Oreos in multiples of three. Why? One group I eat as is. The second group I untwist and lick out the creamy middle. The third group I dunk.

I love amusement park rides, especially roller coasters. On my last trip to Disney World, I went on the Space Mountain three times in a row. Wheeeeeeee.

I still have my box of Crayolas. The big box. I don't have a coloring book, though. And up until recently I played jacks once in a while. I stopped because getting up off the floor got to be more trouble than it was worth. But I can still do flipsies and some fancies.

I love to watch Looney Tunes. The only cartoons I watch.

And I find it almost impossible to spell a word that has ouse in it and not think of the Mickey Mouse Club song.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 10:23 am
M I C

Laughing

wait..where are those ears? Theys around here somewhere Wink
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 10:29 am
Amusement parks are childish? Oh, man, am I in trouble. Any time the patiobitch and I are in the same state as an amusement park we have to go. The biggest so far is Nitro at Great Adventure in in New Jersey, though for sheer ride quality, Shockwave at Great America outside of Chicago -- especially at night -- is excellent. Haven't made it down to Magic Mountain in California to ride Goliath yet, but have pored over the ride specs online. (GEEK.)

Lashgoth -- those parents who aren't sure about strangers pulling faces at them -- well, I can tell you it's exacerbated when you're graying and bearded and over 6 foot - 200 pounds and do it through an entire transcontinental flight. Don't care, though. The kid has a good time.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:39 pm
Lash reminded me of some fun things I did with my dogs when I was a kid, but still do because I'll always be a kid:

My 2 boys and I always had to have a house with a "circle" somewhere - you know, where you can go from kitchen to living room to dining room, preferrably on hardwood floors. That would be where we chased the dog. Funny, funny, when the little muts spin out and slide, try to get going again.

Getting a little older and with a much larger dog (black Lab) the boys would put on the pure wool ski socks and let the dog pull them around.

It's even better now that I'm over 60. I have those Pergo type floors and my rat terrier really spins out without even scratching the floor.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:43 pm
(Hee hee. My littler pup likes to charge out the back door at full speed when we get home. Trouble is, there's a mud room through that door with a screen door and a linoleum floor. So if you make sure the screen door is closed and you open the door from the house, the dog comes charging out, then desperately tried to stop herself on the lino until she skids head-first into the screen door. Makes me laugh every time.)
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:27 pm
I love Christmas! My 10 year old nephew always gets these great toys that I can play with. The new thing this time was Geomag. They are magnetic sticks and metal balls. You can build the craziest things with them. Lots of fun!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:33 pm
I like to roll up paper into little balls of ammunition and ping people. Plus I act all innocent-like. Really baby, it's not me!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 03:30 pm
Someone mention amusement parks? I love to go do Busch Gardens in Tampa. There is a little bridge. If you stand there when the water ride goes by, you get soaked. I LOVE to do that!

They also serve free beer at the Hospitality House there. There is a 2 drink limit. I always find a way to get back on the line so the other guy on the other line won't see me! Very Happy
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 03:34 pm
Free beer? Oh my god, I'm there. I already wanted to go to Busch Garden's pretty badly. And that place in, what, Ohio? -- Cedar Point. Might rent an RV someday and go around the country popping in at different parks...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 04:46 pm
I think there's a Busch Garden in Florida too! c.i.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 05:11 pm
c.i.- That's what I said. In Tampa!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 06:52 pm
Quinn-- K-E-Y.

And the ears are in my Disneyland bag at the top of the linen closet. Smile
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:07 pm
Dogs and hardwood floors, YES!! That is one of my all time fun games. Our cat even loved to skid while going around the corner.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:15 pm
dogs and screen doors can also be good fun, especially when one's father has removed the grid to work on the door, and one's brother calls the dog from the other side!!!!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 09:38:46