Childish Things We Love to Do

Tex-Star

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:44 pm
This is the funniest thread! I also love to pop the bubbles, but have you noticed this year they're getting smaller and smaller -- little tiny "pop." So, now when I bring the groceries home I pop the plastic garbage bags! Wow, what a bang. Used to scare my little dog half to death but Bandito is getting used to it, shrugs and walks off as if to say, "Oh, that's just mom doing that thing she thinks is fun."

Misti, can't believe you said that. I still hop into bed quickly before something can grab my ankle. ho ho, ha ha, he he.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 12:15 pm
Hmmm.

Still have to chew every piece in a pack of gum simultaneously, which is just plain gross. Mornings after a good sleep usually find me walking around the house naked and making up nonsense songs for the dogs. The patiobitch isn't always appreciative of that one, especially as good sleep for me usually means lots of snoring, which means bad sleep for her. (Fortunately for her, most sleep is not good...)

Where was I? Oh, yeah. Love to play with anything that makes noise. There was a baby at Christmas day, and most of his toys were mainly played with by me and his dad. He just wanted all the women to pay attention to him (spoiled soft kid that he is). He got this cool plane that sits on a flatbed, and I figured out the the wings folded back so that the rig wouldn't take up more than a lane...

Yeah.

And dutch ovens. Dutch ovens are good. But I guess that's not exactly a kid thing...
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 08:43 am
Ready Whip in the squirt can is good for squirting directly into the mouth (mine or a companion's), or in the orifices of whatever dessert food (raspberries, holes dug in ice cream), or just making little tips on each finger to lick. I also long for the best flowers on the birthday cake, though I don't say so. there are too many 'real' kids around who are fighting over the same thing.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 05:01 pm
Silly String and Silly Putty...for some reason, if I happen to see it, I buy it...I also like to spray the silly string out of my nose at someone

verry verry childish, I know

fun though Smile
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 05:50 pm
quinn1- Funny that you mentioned Silly String. Have you ever played around with string cheese? I just keep pulling it apart, in narrower and narrawer strings. Love that stuff!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 06:02 pm
Unfortunately, Im a Lactard...dont get to play with string chesse but, you know..it sounds fun Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 06:57 pm
Chalk. I love love love chalk. Especially the multi-coloured sidewalk chalk. I draw patterns on my fence and on my patio-stones before parties. I try to leave space for the invited kids to do some drawing as well. The chalk paint I bought for the basement (i plan to put some on the floor in one area, and on the wall behind an empty old frame as well) is supposed to be for visiting kids, but I know i'll be down there drawing.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:19 pm
what about playing with children?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:21 pm
Laughing Wilso..you know..i love to play with kids..and being so childlike myself I think they actually enjoy the crazy girl who gets down on the floor and does things like swipe all the magnets off the fridge and laugh.....right along with them! Or rolls down the hills, or spins until dizzy

youre right..children certainly help with childish things
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:24 pm
We'd make great babysitting partners!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:26 pm
Double dutch anyone?
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:31 pm
OK,....this might take a while!!!!

See the only things that I've grown out of since childhood, are the clothes.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

If I'm having a bad day, I always hop in the car, drive to Toys r Us, and get myself something. This week it's "Super Elastic, bubble Plastic",..though it got a new name.

Last night, I made my parents and my sister play "Trouble" with me.(Remember the "Pop o' Matic).

I've got tons of this crap,..everywhere,...I LOVE IT!!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 08:48 pm
Still enjoy reading the comics at 67. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 09:11 pm
I have boxes and boxes of Legos. I have the original Legos train; the one that runs on "C" batteries, and I put it around the bottom of the Christmas tree each year. I love playing with the train and building a town around the train tracks and building bridges for the train to go under. Then, the little Legos Santa Claus goes on top of the bridge, with the little Frosty The Snowman. And I have the Legos roads, too. For the town. And the cars. And the little Legos horses go outside the town, in the country, with their barn, and the ranch house.

Also, I put sweaters on my teddy bears. I just got a blue sweater that says "Let It Snow", and I put it on my white teddy bear.

Very Happy
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 09:37 pm
I saw the new superelasticbubbleplastic somewhere but, I figured it certainly couldnt be as potent as the true product....
let me know how it is Jerry...that stuff was great!!!!
more bubbles, ball like, but bubbles still.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 09:50 pm
We should form a play group!
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 09:51 pm
I still enjoy playing with my food. I love finger food, such as lean pockets, I take them apart, pull and peel licorice, oreo cookies, which I haven't eaten in awhile.
I'm also very tempted to make funny faces at babies and little kids when they look my way, but I don't.
I buy baby toys for the grandchildren I don't have yet, with thoughts of how much fun I'm going to have playing with them when I do have grandchildren some day. Smile
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 09:58 pm
a play group would be great!
dlk...are you sure you're not just using your future grandchildren as an excuse?
You CAN have toys if you want..really!
Smile
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 10:03 pm
You people are childish....

Do any of you still get in the floor with your dog, and play "sock"?
Our version demands person and dog only use their mouth.

Rough-housing with 18 yr old son. This involves a sneak attack when son is making breakfast. You must creep up and pounce on him. If you don't wind up in the floor, you have not followed rules of engagement.
You must pin down the loser. When son turned 12, I ceased to win any of these.

Daughter uses flatulence as a weapon. (The only way she can win.)
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 10:05 pm
P.S. dlk33--
I DO make those faces at babies. They LOVE it, but their parents ...I'm not quite sure they get it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 09:33:49