This week's edition of: Countries that RULE

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:03 am
Bronze medal goes to.......

3. Ireland - Cyprus filed official complain to Irish government, because on a series of postal stamps printed in ocassion of new countries joining EU, instead of real island, Cyprus is in exact geographic position and in exact shape as greek island Crete. Irish respond: yeah, we know, we did it deliberately, because there was no space to include real position of Cyprus.

2. India - More then hundred indian soldiers and commanders are facing military court after it has been uncovered that they faked armed incident with Pakistani soldiers just to receive medals of honor and some free days. One of soldiers was taping action and Indian soldiers on border with Pakistan divided themselves in two groups - brave Indians then easily crushed "Pakistani" attack - camera even showed "dead Pakistani soldiers", also good act of bored Indians. This incident was one of top news all over the world.

3. Romania - okay, I am maybe not so objective, but, hey, I am the judge Smile Croatia filled lawsuit on European Court against Romania, after MIG29 airplanes, sent for repairment, with repairing cost of 10 million Euros, were sent back to Croatia, after "repairment" of course, only to be discovered that they were only freshly painted.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 965 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:20 am
I'm not up on the politics here, but hey, the Irish drink a lot, and like to fight. Laughing

In India, those faked conflicts were probably just a plan for yet another movie. All they needed to do was to get away with it, and splice in some dancing scenes.

I don't know much about Croatia beyond the fact that a long time ago, I was in love with a girl from Croatia.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:51 am
I vote for Canada :-D
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 06:23 am
Very Happy Why? Bunch of beer swilling slugabouts in plaid shirts shouting 'Eh?" most of the day and night, mostly to keep warm I would imagine and their dullish wives and girlfriends sitting there reading about Beck sleeping and wishing, wishing, wishing.....

I did like the Irish story, it's so Irish. "Yes, it's not right, but it's the best we could under the present circumstances." :wink:

And I love that the repair job was fresh paint!!!! :wink: Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 06:41 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Very Happy Why? Bunch of beer swilling slugabouts in plaid shirts shouting 'Eh?" most of the day and night, mostly to keep warm I would imagine and their dullish wives and girlfriends sitting there reading about Beck sleeping and wishing, wishing, wishing.....

Well, yeah!!! :-D
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 02:45 pm
I would also include Belgium, too many reasons for that :wink:
0 Replies