[answered]Problems With My Subscriber Account

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:08 am
Two days ago I was deleted as an A2k subscriber. When I tried to fix the problem with PayPal they say that my debit card number is being used by another number.

What is going on?

I have contacted PayPal by e-mail but I am now afraid that someone is using my debit card.

I have cancelled my debit card and will get a new one with a new account number.

Has this happened to any one else and since it will be a week to 10 days until I get a new Visa debit card does anyone know what I should do?

What I mean is there any other way to subscribe besides using PayPal?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,126 • Replies: 10
No top replies

husker

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:18 am
Did you call your bank and ask if there were charges going against the card?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:21 am
To my knowledge paypal is working fine - I have about 10 to 15 transactions a month with no problems.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:00 am
I contacted my bank and reported my vias debit had been used without my permission.

I have also closed my paypal account.

I will not receive a new visa debit card for a week to 10 days.

So I assume I can no longer be an A2k subscriber.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:05 am
CDK may have had a hiccup in his system here - but that would not effect paypal. I would still find out if there were any unauthorized charges on your debit card, if there are you would be missing cash. You should also log into your paypal account and check the history for transactions and report the illegal ones specifically to Paypal.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:10 am
There were and I have contacted my bank about that. But in the meantime I still could not access my paypal account so I closed it. When I get a new debit card I may subscribe again.

However, the reasons paypal gave me for the bounce back when the submitted the monthl charge did not ring true based on my bank account balance and they questioned my bank, tried to say it was a small bank. The also claim that my e-mail address was one I have not used for a long time.

Because I could not enter my new e-mail, this after 2 hours of phone calls, waiting in the que, talking to tthee different paypal agents and getting three different answers.

This is just beyond my tolerance level. Sorry A2k but I can live with out being a subscriber.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:10 am
Joanne, send me a PM and I'll help you. I won't be in much this weekend, though, so if it takes me a couple of days to get back to you, that's why.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:11 am
OK jes will do. And np you can get back to me when you have time.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:15 am
JD,

I got your email a while ago but it's buried in the several hundred I get a day.

In the email you requested that we attempt the debit again, thing is that's not something we do.

The reason we use paypal is because that way we need no information at all about your cards and account. This is why we can't resolve this type of thing for you (paypal has to).

Hope it works out well.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 03:13 pm
Ok no problem CDK I will just wait until I get my new card then. It is kind of to bad though since the money was in the bank and it was a PayPal error.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 03:24 pm
Yeah, I can't do anything about paypal stuff (thankfully). They tend to be very strict about freezing accounts and have a robust anti-fraud unit.

Hope things work out, and for now other methods are available through Jes (won't be soon, as this will soon all be automated through paypal and then snail mail won't be an option).
0 Replies