The Subtle Whitewash

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:59 pm
I'm just channel surfing through news stations and on Fox someone is talking about the Iraq torture story and says that soldiers need better training on how to treat prisoners as if anyone in their right Goddam mind needs to be trained to know you don't stack people on top of each other naked or make them masturbate while wearing a hood on their heads.....
if a person needs to be trained to know that then they're retarded and not eligible for miltary service or any position of authority....likewise anyone who gives this lame excuse any legs should have an adult guardian.......IMO
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,143 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:32 pm
Got yer helmet an' flak jacket on, Bear?

I agree completely, and suspect you will be roundly vilified for this--at the least that many will rush to defend such a scurrilous position.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:34 pm
Always got the helmet on Tommy....and the hammer......(A little cinematic reference there)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:35 pm
When the whip comes down . . .
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:59 pm
They don't need training, they need a damn good beating.

I don't know the Army or Marines training routines but in the Air Force you get "Use of Force" training annually as well as training on the Geneva Convention (aka "Law of Armed Combat") and you got both again while you were in the processing line for any deployment.

Any one of those pukes that tries to claim they "didn't know" is a lying sack of ****.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 04:04 pm
fishin' wrote:

I don't know the Army or Marines training routines but in the Air Force you get "Use of Force" training annually as well as training on the Geneva Convention (aka "Law of Armed Combat") and you got both again while you were in the processing line for any deployment.

Any one of those pukes that tries to claim they "didn't know" is a lying sack of ****.

well said.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 04:14 pm
All I can say is yep...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 04:26 pm
Oh, the righties are twisting themselves in all sorts of knots to make this story go away. I heard a guy on NPR yesterday who works for Ollie North describe the scandal as like high school hazing. Boys will be boys (wink, wink)...
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:21 pm
For those of you who haven't seen this yet:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~sauterp/iraq/

Yup. High school hazing. Where? Among the inmates of an assylum for the criminally insane?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:02 pm
fishin' wrote:

Actually, the army gave us two hours on the Geneva Convention in Basic, and that was pretty much it. For those who made it that far, we got another two hours in PLDC (the leadership course you take as an E-4), and BNCOC (E-6).
Regardless, knowing not to be a sadistic arse does not require the Geneva Convention.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:27 pm
What strikes me about the photos is the pronounced homoerotic stylization of the poses, the urination, simulated homosexual sex, etc. These soldiers derived sexual stimulation from these activities much like rapists or pedophiles and pederasts would from theirs.

I wonder if rape was involved.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:37 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
These soldiers derived sexual stimulation from these activities much like rapists or pedophiles and pederasts would from theirs.

Huh?! How did you figure this?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:40 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
What strikes me about the photos is the pronounced homoerotic stylization of the poses, the urination, simulated homosexual sex, etc. These soldiers derived sexual stimulation from these activities much like rapists or pedophiles and pederasts would from theirs.

I wonder if rape was involved.

Which begs the question...does that mean the little sawed off bitch with the cigarette hanging out of her mouth was carrying a squared away, army regulation government issue strap on? :wink:

Also, please join the rest of the human beings in ignoring old "Kill "em All" McGentrixs' post right above this. "Huh?" indeed........
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:43 pm
McGentrix wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
These soldiers derived sexual stimulation from these activities much like rapists or pedophiles and pederasts would from theirs.

Huh?! How did you figure this?

That's so basic it's almost Psych 101, McG. Old news that sexual stimulation can come from posing people like that. 100+ year old news.

The part that really rocked me was that Halliburton contractors were such an integral part of this. Who are they, really?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:45 pm
Sorry, bipolar, but that "hunh" just created such an instinctive <d'oh> that I had to.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:52 pm
ehBeth wrote:
[The part that really rocked me was that Halliburton contractors were such an integral part of this. Who are they, really?

Military police groupies..... ebeth we've been talking about that too...it could explain the attraction to and defense of these people by certain members of our little family :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:56 pm
The article in the New Yorker that I've been reading on this has been really disturbing. Partly because it showed me that I expected so much more of Americans than I'd expected of some other people. I'm not liking that discovery about myself.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:20 pm
Anybody here think that torture during interrogation isn't sop for the intelligence in Iraq? Anybody think that only terrorists are arrested? If so, why are they released?

Those Army boys were just softening them up; following orders. Where were the officers? They screwed up by taking pictures.

There are investigations going on for 12 Iraqi "deaths during interrogation." That's a nice way of saying "applied too much pressure," and that is a nice way of saying "tortured to death."

Wanna bet that the civilian contractors involved don't get any more punishment than being fired? They're not restricted by the Geneva Convention, the U.S. isn't going to let the Iraqis try them, and that leaves the jurisdiction to prosecute in the attorny general's office. I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:39 pm
This ISN'T the thread on colonic irrigation?

Pardon me... <backs out, closes door>
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:43 pm
PDiddie wrote:
This ISN'T the thread on colonic irrigation?

Pardon me... <backs out, closes door>

no pun intended?
0 Replies