what is your favorite chocolate bar

hamburger

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:01 pm
CHOCOLATE BARS
setanta : i believe the chocolate we brought back from vienna came from >>>HEINDL SCHOKOLADE ... note that they use the word LUST to describe their product ! that should give you an idea ! .. walter : i would order only from a source were the goods would arrive veeery sloooowly ! mrs. h always asks me to put any goodies "on the highest shelf" to reduce (but not eliminate ) temptation ! hbg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:02 pm
I'm generally not a fan of chocolate, but I'll make an occasional exception for a Caramilk or a Rolo. I'd much rather have chocolate milk than a chocolate bar.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:11 pm
Eva wrote:
My favorite chocolate isn't actually a "bar." It's those little square "Ice Cubes" thingys. They melt on your tongue.

oh yeah, those are the best
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:15 pm
choooocolaaaate. Mmmmm. I love most dark, rich chocolate bars (made with real chocolate). I have taken a fancy to Pike Place chocolate bars (especially the one with the espresso truffle paste inside. I also like lindt high choco content dark chocolates. i look for the stuff without hydrogenated oils and with 70% and up cocao content.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:23 pm
These are made by a friend from a cooking forum I visit

http://www.samakichocolates.com/images/swirl.jpg

Quote:
At Samaki, the focus is on flavor. Samaki Chocolates produces an assortment of carefully crafted ganache fillings, caramels, truffles, and nut filled chocolates designed to delight your tastebuds with both the familiar and the unusual. From the ginger fig caramels to the Thai vanilla ganache, each and every bite is a unique and wonderful taste sensation.

here are some of the choco bar flavours ...

Quote:
Thai Vanilla A citrusy, spicy, white chocolate bar infused with vanilla, ginger, lime leaves, and galangal.

Ceylon Orange A complex blend of organic orange zest, cardamon, cloves, cayenne, and Ceylon cinnamon in a milk chocolate bar.

Dark Milk Chocolate A Samaki special blend of bittersweet Tanzanian chocolate with Swiss milk chocolate to produce a rich, robust, yet creamy 50% chocolate bar.

Roasted Coffee Dark milk chocolate blended with freshly roasted coffee.
Cinnamon Trio Dark milk chocolate blended with cassia from Vietnam and China, and true cinnamon from Ceylon.

Rosemary Whisper A subtle, spicy dark chocolate bar, given its unique flavor by a hint of rosemary oil.

Coriander Dark, 70% chocolate blended with crushed coriander seeds.

Mexican Hot Chocolate A fiery, dark, 70% bar containing almond oil, cinnamon, and jalepenos.

Midnight Lemon Ultra dark 75% Tanzanian chocolate blended with organic lemon zest
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:27 pm
errrrrr, one of those posts should be enough

now, where did i put the link to Samaki?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:27 pm
mmmmm chocolate AND lemon
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:16 pm
http://www.acl.be/images/lion.gif
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:24 pm
there's a little chocolate shop near barrie, ontario, and they make their own turtles, in the shape of little turtles, with really soft gooey caramel and chopped pecans and oh boy are they good
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:33 pm
North? south? east? west?
Innisfil?

You can't just say 'near Barrie' !

That would be a fun field trip when Setanta's up next - a place with homemade chocolates. I got some homemade turtles when we were in the U.P. last year. In Escanaba. What were they called? Some kind of puddle?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:32 pm
Mounds bar. Dark chocolate and coconut. Yum.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:44 pm
Mmmmm, and almonds... Almond Joy is probably my favorite mainstream chocolate bar.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 01:52 am
Of the chocolate bars readily available my favorite is Snickers.

Cherry Mash (something like a large chocolate covered cherry) is my favorite, but they're not easy to find.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 01:56 am
I dont like chocolate ! Is there something wrong with me ?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:39 am
Eva, Ice Cubes are heavenly.

But my favorite chocolate bar is organic extra dark 87%.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:57 am
BBB
Dove dark chocolate because it is good and is less expensive than the really good stuff like valrhona that's hard to find.

BBB
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:16 am
Nothing is hard to find if you order online.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:30 am
Cinnesthesia
Cinnesthesia, you are right, and I do order on line from time to time for things I can't find in Albuquerque that I used to easily get in the San Francisco Bay Area.

But when you've got that really good chocolate craving and can't find the good stuff locally, who can wait for on-line order delivery?

BBB Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 01:59 pm
BBB, while not officially organic, Lindt does make bars with a variety of cocao butter ratios, going up to 99%. Most are availible at the grocery stores.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 02:06 pm
Hershey bar with almonds. There is nothing better.
0 Replies