what is your favorite chocolate bar

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:28 am
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3685925.stm

Woman buys 10,000

The woman bought 200 boxes of the chocolate
Shop staff were left bemused after a woman bought 10,656 Mars bars.
She made the huge purchase in Woolworths on Edgware Road, central London, last Tuesday.

The woman asked for all the Mars bars they had - including ones in the stock room and paid the £2,131 with new £50 notes.

A spokesman for Woolworths said: "We have no idea what she wanted that many Mars bars for but it raises all sorts of questions."

She then left it to a chauffeur she had with her to load the 200 boxes of chocolate into the back of a waiting car.

Daniel Himsworth, a spokesman for Woolworths, said: "The manager of the store said she looked Lebanese. She was smartly turned out in traditional black robe and a head- dress.

"I can certainly say we have never had that many Mars bars bought at the same time in the same store before."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,587 • Replies: 57
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:08 am
seeing as how there is now a worldwide mars bar shortage thanks to this greedy rich lady, i'll be forced to switch my allegiance to... twix.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:32 pm
My gawd, OAK. Saw that piece on CNN (sin)...What's she gonna do with all that chocolate? Start an Easter egg farm?

Quick, before it melts!

I prefer Butter Fingers, myself.

And Barbara Hutton would approve, if she could. Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:40 pm
The most superior chocolate bar in the world is the one which i currently have in my possession . . .
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:44 pm
I like Hershey's bars....female.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:50 pm
setanta said

The most superior chocolate bar in the world is the one which i currently have in my possession . . .

IS WHERE YOU KEEP YOUR LITTLE TREASURES ?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:50 pm
Oddly, Mars bars are hard to find just about anywhere in the U.S. these days, and have been for awhile. You typically only find them at specialty shops any more.

Me, I like Snickers, but it's not really a chocolate bar per se. Nutrageous is good too. For a pure chocolate bar, nothing can beat a See's dark.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:51 pm
My lips are sealed (except to chocolate bars) . . .
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:53 pm
Butterfingers then Snickers
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:54 pm
I know it's not a a candy bar but I love Chocolate covered cherries - fresh ones.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:58 pm
Letty wrote:
I prefer Butter Fingers, myself.

Butter Fingers were withdrawn in Europe because of their GM incrediences.

Bounty or Nuts are my favourites - if I can't get real chocolate, I mean :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:59 pm
My kids eat Butterfingers all the time. Maybe that explains why they glow in the dark.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:08 pm
favourite chocolate bar
here is my favourite "chocolate bar" : >>>NIEDEREGGER- THE ONE AND ONLY ONE ..... usually pay a visit to this place of "chocoholic sins" whenever we visit in germany. mrs. h has also been known to receive hefty "care packages" of these goodies from her brother-in-law, who on these occasions becomes the most favourite of the family ! ... CLICK ON THE ENGLISH VERSION ... hbg
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:12 pm
Not crazy about chocolate bars, but I do like some valrhona squares once in a while. It doesn't matter what kind, they are all good.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:14 pm
Niederegger - filled with marzipan. Me hates marzipan - you might as well fill the thing with Elmers glue. YUCK!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:37 pm
Re: favourite chocolate bar
hamburger wrote:
here is my favourite "chocolate bar" : >>>NIEDEREGGER- THE ONE AND ONLY ONE ..... usually pay a visit to this place of "chocoholic sins" whenever we visit in germany. mrs. h has also been known to receive hefty "care packages" of these goodies from her brother-in-law, who on these occasions becomes the most favourite of the family ! ... CLICK ON THE ENGLISH VERSION ... hbg
\

Are those the same as those chocolates you brought back from Austria? I had to hide them from eBeth, because she would otherwise have eaten an unacceptably large share of them (meaning, i wanted them all to myself).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:49 pm
Niederegger is situated in Lübeck.

hamburger: you could order it here or here, which will at least arrive faster :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 04:47 pm
My favorite chocolate isn't actually a "bar." It's those little square "Ice Cubes" thingys. They melt on your tongue.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 04:54 pm
Walter, Their GM contents? Don't geddit. Really, in my chocolate days, I loved everything. I even tried milk duds. YUK!

I must be cautious now, however, because of glucose intolerance.

Good thread, OAK man.

I have spent most of my day researching stuff, but it has been fun.

P.S. Godiva chocolates are WAYYYYYYYY over rated.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 05:32 pm
Eva -------- do they do Maltesers in the States, little round balls of honeycomb with chocolate coat. They melt on the tongue, dead easy to eat half a pound in no time at all.
0 Replies