Interview With a Genocide Bomber

au1929

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 08:40 am
Interview With a Genocide Bomber
00:45 Apr 30, '04 / 9 Iyar 5764

An Islamic website has published what a freelance journalist from Shechem (Nablus) claims is an interview with a would-be suicide bomber.

Youssef Ali Mohammed Kamil, the terrorist who is interviewed, claims to have been arrested before carrying out a genocidal attack on a Jewish community near the city of Jenin.

Kamil, a 21-year-old freshman at Al-Najah University, explained in the interview published on Islam-Online.net why he sought to give his life in order to kill Jews – citing reasons contrary to the ‘despair model’ often cited by proponents of various ‘peace plans’.

The following are excepts of the interview, which can be viewed in full at IslamOnline.

Sulaiman Besharat (interviewer): Could you describe your life – socially, professionally, educationally; is it a successful life and are you ready to give it up to serve your cause?

Ali Mohammed Kamil: Thanks to Allah, I lead a happy life, full of love and success. I am a university student and during my school years I also worked with my father and brothers in the fields. As a student I have always been successful; when I got my high school diploma I enrolled in the Najah University in the faculty of Shari`ah (Islamic Law) and have an excellent grade point average.

As for the second part of your question, I say we are a Muslim Ummah, we believe strongly that the real life is the afterlife, and the worldly life is but a transitional period. When we seek martyrdom then the real life begins with it –eternal happiness in the life that Allah has promised us in the Glorious Qur’an.

Besharat: Do you think of any other alternative to “martyr operations”? As a Palestinian, don’t you think that being successful in your studies and in life would serve the Palestinian cause better?

Kamil: Every one knows that these operations have become the most effective weapon of this helpless people. It is the only strategic weapon that has achieved a balance of fear and deterrence; we have transformed dust into explosive materials, and gunpowder to arms. These operations have rendered our enemy sleepless and hit their economy hard. As for putting down our arms, this is not going to happen as long as the enemy continues his oppression against our land and our people.

Besharat: Do you count your life as something precious, and if so, how can you give it up?

Kamil: Of course anyone thinks of his life as very precious, and I am no different. My life is the most precious thing in the entire world, especially as there is a bright future that awaits me, but as I already said, this life is gladly given up for a better goal, that of freeing our land and the resuscitation of this Ummah after such long suffering.

Besharat: How can you explain the new trend among the thousands of young Palestinians regarding “martyrdom”?

Kamil: There are so many reasons: one is the will to resist, every Palestinian citizen who sees what our people is subjected to has no choice but to struggle. It is his human right to stop his oppressor, although the world has adopted a policy of silence. In addition, our society holds the martyr in the highest place.

Besharat: What is your response to some Western analysts who claim that the propagation of martyrs is due to depression as a result of the Israeli violence?

Kamil: It is worth pointing out that all statistics and studies on the subject of martyrs have revealed that the majority of them are university students and some are doing graduate work, most of them come from the middle class and some from the upper class, so it is not out of depression or out of poverty that they are driven to martyrdom.

In conclusion, our people believe in their cause and are certain of the victory we have been promised. I say to all these analysts that we don’t look at life only from its materialistic aspect as you do, but we take it as a path to the eternal one, and if we cannot live this life with dignity then it is not worth living.

Arutz-7’s Ezra HaLevi noted that Kamil’s statements contradict the leading Western theories regarding Islam and the war against terrorism. “It is being proven over and over again that despair and the lack of material goods and financial opportunity are not what causes genocidal terrorism – but a dangerous cult which bears the immunity of being considered one of the ‘major world religions’ and therefore cannot be properly identified in a politically correct environment,” said HaLevi
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 445 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 09:21 am
Au,

This interview is interesting in that it shows that Israel is not the only side to use brutal violence to reach a political end.

The use of the word "genocide" is ridiculus and the last paragrap is pure bull crap. The bomber is very clearly using bombing as a political act.

Quote:

Every one knows that these operations have become the most effective weapon of this helpless people. It is the only strategic weapon that has achieved a balance of fear and deterrence; we have transformed dust into explosive materials, and gunpowder to arms. These operations have rendered our enemy sleepless and hit their economy hard. As for putting down our arms, this is not going to happen as long as the enemy continues his oppression against our land and our people.
0 Replies