Common Core. Indoctrination

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:36 pm
Quote:
One-size-fits-all top-down centralized authoritarianism laced with leftist politics and moral degeneracy doesn’t seem to be doing much to improve education. That’s why teachers have to be scared into shutting up about Common Core.

http://moonbattery.com/?p=43992

Quote:
Leftist educrats have used the concept of “anti-bullying” to advance the homosexual agenda in public schools. If they really were opposed to bullying, they would stop threatening teachers who put up resistance to Common Core lunacy. Elementary school teacher Susan Kimball testifies before the Missouri Senate Education Committee:

Watch the video.

coldjoint

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:49 pm
Quote:
Bring It On: New York Parents and Teachers Rally to Opt Out of Common Core Testing

Quote:
Indiana is the first state to drop Common Core. Can New York do the same? Governor Andrew Cuomo is opposed to dropping Common Core despite the overwhelming opposition from parents and teachers because he has bought into it and is in league with its corporate sponsors 100%, according to several of the speakers at the rally.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/bring-it-on-new-york-parents-and-teachers-rally-to-opt-out-of-common-core-testing/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:45 pm
Here come the tagging cowards. As predictable as ever. And apathetic as ever.
Perfectly willing to let your children or grandchildren grow up manipulated zombies.

http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/jesusvomit.jpg
Your self indulgent instant gratification is sickening.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:39 am
Quote:
Fourth Grade Common Core Assignment Uses Adultery as Topic

These are kids. They are not adults.
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/ConservativeHideout/third-grade-Common-Core-adultery.jpg

That parent is right. And is also the parent. Common Core has forgotten(on-purposely) that no one knows your child better than you do.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:19 pm
[quote]Vladimir Lenin put it succinctly when he said, "Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted." Now, I don't make a habit of quoting early nineteenth century Soviet communist revolutionaries, but Lenin inadvertently makes a good point in relation to today's progressive-led education decline. I am talking, specifically, about the Common Core initiative that has recently, and after almost four years, been brought back up to the table for debate on both sides.

Democrats and Progressives argue heedlessly that Common Core standards will provide, according to the Hunt Institute, "the consistent, shared, and rigorous education standards that all American students need in order to succeed," in a competitive global market when they emerge from secondary education. Common Core proponents ceaselessly contend that the Common Core standards were designed by the states, for the states, in a collaborative effort to increase academic rigor in classrooms across the nation. Lately, and most notably in Georgia, where the Initiative (which was initially adopted) was recently abandoned due to projected astronomical costs, the Common Core issue has made a triumphant reappearance as the real details of Common Core have finally started to bubble to the surface. While some perturbing and unsettling facts have been uncovered, it is clear many people do not recognize or care about the threat the Common Core Initiative potentially entails[/quote].

http://blueblaze.bremencs.com/index.php/featured/billboard-philosophy/401-common-core-an-education-horror-story
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:31 pm
http://missourieducationwatchdog.com/more-common-core-aligned-curriculum-horror-stories-from-parents/
Quote:
I. AM. LIVID. I – as much as I try – cannot help my children with their homework. I’ll give just ONE math problem my son had to answer (which he had to teach me how to do – nothing like making a parent feel like a total dumbass):”Which numbers complete the calculation 27×6?”

A. 42, 120, 162
B. 13, 127, 140
C. 42, 112, 154
D. 27, 120, 147

Step 1 – multiply 7×6 (= 42)
Step 2 – multiply 2×6 (= 12)
Step 3 – My son’s words “now add a zero because it’s actually 6×20 because you already did 7×6, so you would now have to multiply 6×20″.
Step 4 – Add the 2 partial products: 42 (7×6) and 120 (6×20) to get the answer, which is 162.

How the hell does Step 3 make any sense? What happened to 2×6? Isn’t it obvious? Twelve became 120 because, for some stupid reason, we already multiplied 7×6, so we add a zero into the mix!! WTH??!

Now that my son has explained it to me (which he struggled to do), I know the correct answer is A.

Why on EARTH are they “teaching” multiplication this way? And they have the nerve to call it mental math?! I think a 2 step process (the way we were taught) is much easier than a 4 step process to get the same answer. But again, if they don’t show the 4 steps, it is marked as wrong. Then my son proceeds to tell me that he feels as though he’s being “brainwashed” and that he’s upset they are “erasing everything I learned last year”. He’s stressed and feels stupid. Added bonus to my anger: his teacher told all of the parents to set a timer for 40 minutes. If the child cannot complete his/her homework within the 40 minutes, he/she should stop because it shows they’re not getting it. If we follow this and stop the timer after 40 minutes, he gets a zero for not completing his homework. And if he/she isn’t “getting it”, they get no additional help to make sure they DO get it. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

My children are 8 & 9, and they are writing letters (their idea) that they would like to read themselves at our B.O.E. meeting next week. In addition, I’m bringing their report cards from the last 3 years to show that my children ARE smart and that it’s not a matter of a “white suburban mother finding that her child isn’t as smart as she thought”. I’ve never sworn in front of my children before, but come homework time I’ve begun swearing like a lunatic (minus the F word).

Sorry for the lengthy rant about situations we’ve all read about before – my frustration level just met its breaking point….

This is serious stuff.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:48 pm
Quote:
…a student attains ‘higher order thinking’ when he no longer believes in right or wrong. A large part of what we call good teaching is a teacher´s ability to obtain affective objectives by challenging the student’s fixed beliefs. …a large part of what we call teaching is that the teacher should be able to use education to reorganize a child’s thoughts, attitudes, and feelings.”
-Benjamin Bloom, psychologist and educational theorist,(?) “Major Categories in the Taxonomy of Educational Objectives,” pg. 185

What are children supposed to learn from their parents? More of this Common Core and it will be how to sign up for welfare.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:38 pm
@coldjoint,
Apparently this guy never learned multiplication the way it was taught in ght 50's. He's just stuck on performing the algorithm with the greater number on top. I'd opine that his rant is due to his own less than adequate math skills.

BTW simple pattern recognition of the product (162), something even moderately intelligent apes as capable, is that 162 only appears in A.

x27
___
+42
-----

Granted my mental algorithm for this problem is to take (27*6) and make it 3^4*2 = 81*2=162, but that isn't the problem here--the problem here is really multiple choice tests, and the need for machine grading of such tests.

It is an indication of the problem with education--and the problem isn't the educators--the problem is with politicians that think they are educators. Politicians like Mike Pence, who from his budget performance in the past, shows less than adequate math skills.

Rap

coldjoint

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:39 pm
@raprap,
Quote:
Apparently this guy never learned multiplication

It was a woman that wrote the letter. A mother, even you have one of those.
raprap

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:46 pm
@coldjoint,
OK, this gal's math skills are less than adequate---as is the usual ColdDoper habit with repeated lies, there was no indication it was a woman until ColdDoper presented that hidden data point.

Rap
coldjoint

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:53 pm
@raprap,
-as is the usual ColdDoper habit with repeated lies, there was no indication it was a woman until ColdDoper presented that hidden data point.

You dumbass there is a link. You jerks never read them. Nothing is hidden but a good part of your mind.
raprap

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:05 pm
@coldjoint,
Nevertheless the quotes indicate that author's demonstrated that their math skills are crap. Consequently, their vent demonstrating their frustration is also crap---

You're the one that came up with the gender segway.

BTW I've read enough of your references to realize they tend to put conclusion in front of the hypothesis and evidence.

Rap
coldjoint

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:17 pm
@raprap,
Quote:
Nevertheless

Nevertheless you are an idiot that does not even read what he wants to critique. Your laziness is par for the course.
raprap

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:51 pm
@coldjoint,
This crabapple article ColdDope 'echoed' is a whine of the ignorant to the ignorant. That was apparent in the cited quote.

As ColdDope is in this 'echo' group I have nothing more to add.

Rap
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 12:03 am
The mother's math skills are not great, obviously. She should have learned something from her kid. That method is just another way of doing it the way we learned it in school (you know, where you multiply the ones column together and then move over one space (the 0), when you multiply the tens together. The kid's method just puts the zero there, when we just moved over one space and it was tacit. Another joint rant that's wrong.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 12:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Another joint rant that's wrong.

I am not surprised you support Common Core. After all, it is indoctrination. Nothing like creating more liberal emasculated zombies so you have company. Right?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 12:30 pm
Quote:
New York Students Opting Out of Common Core Testing Told To “Sit And Stare”…

Quote:
13WHAM.com reports at least 16 school districts in the Empire State have implemented a “sit and stare” policy for students who’ve been opted-out of the state assessments by their parents.

Such students “will have to sit at their desks without any other reading or testing materials, while all the students around them take the 60- to 90-minute exams,” the news site reports.

It’s not difficult to read between the lines here. The “sit and stare” policy is a way petty and vindictive school principals and superintendents can get back at parents who are pushing back against the Common Core experiment.

What a bunch of assholes.
http://weaselzippers.us/181377-new-york-students-opting-out-of-common-core-testing-told-to-sit-and-stare/
raprap

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 02:07 pm
@coldjoint,
Weaselzippers huh? Sounds like a pretty low rung on the wingnut echo journalism ladder.

Rap.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 03:14 pm
@raprap,
Weaselzippers huh?

Then I'll tell you what, find a website that says that is not happening. I will disregard the fact that you don't give a **** about this countries future.

Quote:
Rap.
CRap, fixt.
raprap

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 03:17 pm
@coldjoint,
Tell a lie often enough and it may become the truth--right ColdDoper.

Isn't that the point of Echo Journalism?

Rap

1. Forums
  2. » Common Core. Indoctrination
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:58:29