Premature Greys

Kxnd

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 12:27 pm
I'm 18 years old, and I can't part my hair without seeing at least a grey. Both of my parents had dark hair with greys early. My hair is naturally/currently darkish brown. I was wondering if, in the long run, it would be healthier to keep it dyed brown or to take it blonde.

jespah

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 03:05 pm
@Kxnd,
Either form of dye is going to do some damage. Main thing is to condition it all well - occasionally have a pro do it, particularly if you want to change colors. And don't always buy the cheapest stuff.
Kxnd

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 03:58 pm
@jespah,
Well I know this, I was curious if the high strength peroxide needed for the grays to take color would damage more than the bleach and probably blonde color that would have to be put on right after. And if overtime, since blonde will be more of just the roots continually touched/colored and dying dark would probably have to go on all my hair to keep it the same shade of brown, so that would be worse, right?
0 Replies