How to speed up my English reading ?

Lamche

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 12:49 am
I know that the vocabulary of me is not rich .I'm working on it.But sometimes there are no new words in the article,I still can't make sense of these sentences.I have some troubles in getting hold of an article quickly and accurately.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,562 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 06:12 am
@Lamche,
Practise makes perfect.

Suggestion. Try watching TV programmes in your native language that have English subtitles. You can usually get this function on a DVD.
Also with a DVD, you can re-wind time and time again, until you understand.

McTag

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 08:46 am
@Lordyaswas,

He probably means practice, but he's right.

I have the same problem reading music notation quickly.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 08:29 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordy: Suggestion. Try watching TV programmes in your native language that have English subtitles. You can usually get this function on a DVD.

Bad suggestion, Lordy. You want to break the connection to the mother tongue not reinforce it.
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 06:11 am
@Lamche,
Practice it. Read more books and it will help you to improve your reading skill.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 03:29 am
@Lamche,
Learn some simple songs in English. Music with lyrics in English will help you more than anything. This, to me, is the easiest way to learn a foreign language and to quickly be able to recall vocabulary, verb forms, and sentence structure.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 03:52 am
OP seems long gone, but I can empathize. More than once, I've understood each individual word and been unable to make sense of an entire paragraph. This even happens on a2k. Shocked
dupre

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 03:54 am
@roger,
Hi, Roger. I didn't notice the original post's date. Thanks for the heads-up and reply.
roger

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 04:01 am
@dupre,
Ta heck with the date. Language students from all over the world are following these posts - maybe.
dupre

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 04:02 am
@roger,
That's the spirit!
0 Replies

genlish

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 04:06 am
You should practice it. Read novels, books, newspapers in English regularly. It will definitely help you.
0 Replies