I need to interview someone of a different culture

tsarstepan

Wed 1 Mar, 2017 01:10 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Have you tried a neighbour ?

I don't trust any culture that adds a haphazard and flatulent u in their words. Mad
0 Replies

Tutor254

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 04:20 pm
@Lordyaswas,
haha
0 Replies

ian oran

Tue 17 Oct, 2017 11:27 pm
@kolibri0516,
Hi. I am a communication student in the philippines. I just want to ask several questions about your culture which is related to our study in IPC.
0 Replies

abdallah hafez

Wed 28 Mar, 2018 04:01 am
@kolibri0516,
1. What are the 5 most important values of your culture (of origin)?
respect older-woman appreciation-religious culture-strong family relation-no kids without official marriage-no drugs or drink
a. How do people express these values? What would you see someone in your culture do that would let you know that these are their
family and school emphasis these value
b. How are people taught these values?
from home and school
c. How were you taught your values?
from home
2. How are your culture’s values different from “American” cultural values?
we are more conservatism in many issue less liberal
a. Has this caused any problems for you or people you know? (ask for examples)no
b. How do you/did you deal with this?
no problem
0 Replies

TooFriendly112

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 02:35 pm
1. What are the 5 most important values of your culture (of origin)?

Work, family, holiday, history and urban development

a. How do people express these values? What would you see someone in your culture do that would let you know that these are their values?

Dedication, or a history within in these areas. They might come from a family that's either grassroot or carry a noble title. They can be part
of a university or college that carries an important part of my nations culture. If the opportunity comes I might ask something personal if I
know something about their private life or their occupation for the moment.

b. How are people taught these values?

From father or mother, realtive or institution / corporation / organization

c. How were you taught your values?

In school, or by a friend / family member / or relative / instructor

2. How are your culture’s values different from “American” cultural values?

Alot of my nationality is about american culture, for instance the culture and labour migration in the beginning and middle of the 1800's.
There's still emigration because there is work or other reasons. There might be a political reason or heresy. There's also a uprising in
the terrorist world and the underworld of organized crimes that differs from the american situation, even though they play hand in hand.
If you think this is intresting I wanna recommend interpol and other organisations work against this movement.

Alot of our history is grassroot, and the other influcens from other parts of Europe. Such as germany, france and the united kingdom etc.
We have a king and queen, and not a president. Karl Marx and Engels had an important factor of the modern political and cultural development,
also the first and second world war.

a. Has this caused any problems for you or people you know? (ask for examples)

No.

b. How do you/did you deal with this?

There's a close contact with the police and they come to the school and they do visits to the schools etc etc.

3. Are these cultural values that are the same or similar to American cultural values or values that help you “fit” or succeed in American culture?

Yes. Like those tiny crystals ball with a house and snow.

4. What do you think are the most positive things about being a member of your culture/ethnic group?

Study opportunity, work opportunity and long holidays

a. Are there any negative things?

Dangerous and alot of criminality

5. How much do you feel a part of your culture of origin? Do you participate in your cultural community? How?

Like in america or other parts of europe.

6. How much a part of American culture or society do you feel?

There's alot of landmarks that takes up that subject about the emigrations and vikings.

7. Have you or your family or friends experienced discrimination or negative experiences based on treatment due to your cultural/ethnic group? (Examples).

No, not really. But stay indoors and keep a low profile.

8. What do you think are the most important needs of your cultural/ethnic community?

I don't know, right now there's alot of fires and parts of our cultural (what remains) might be lost.

9. Were there or are there difficulties in participating in mainstream American culture/society?

There might be, because the situation. Maybe in long-long term (20-30 years).
tsarstepan

Fri 27 Jul, 2018 07:26 am
@TooFriendly112,
https://imgur.com/ZKjSzN1.jpg
This person (I really pray) is no longer in that class. I mean... one semester is enough for an assignment. I don't believe he was writing his doctoral dissertation on this, let alone doing a piece of homework for over four years.
0 Replies