djmple

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 01:40 pm
@Opsimath,
IN spite of all the clues and many hours googling I still can't get Question 40
0 Replies

grumpy2

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 01:45 pm
@glos 10,
This site gives away answers like sweets to incredibly lazy quizzers who simply can't be bothered to Google and work stuff out for themselves. Most of us doing GFQ will have found Q40 a bit of a challenge but how satisfying when you persist on your own behalf and come up with the answer. Unfortunately I suppose there will always be someone who has to show off and almost give it away.
djmple

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 02:23 pm
@grumpy2,
That's a bit harsh and unfriendly grumpy2
glos 10

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 02:31 pm
@grumpy2,
You won't believe the hours/days I have spent on this one question! Not lazy just frustrated! I have approached it from every angle (apart from the right one obviously :-)).
I am usually a pretty thorough researcher but must be barking up the wrong trees so far. I am not after being given the answer by the way!
It's amazing how easy some questions are!, once you know the answer. Just like most quizzes etc.
Thanks anyway, I will keep on looking. No sleep tonight I fear :-)
0 Replies

glos 10

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 05:00 pm
@grumpy2,
Thanks for the inspiration!
Got it now!
djmple

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:02 am
@glos 10,
Well done glos 10 I wish I were in the same boat. Just can't seem to get it. Ah well looks like another 49 if we're lucky.
Ramires7

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:32 am
@djmple,
I'm in the same boat too! The question just seems a little too 'wide' {and I've been googling etc. for hours} unless I've missed a helpful nudge as to the film or someone involved somewhere?
0 Replies

grumpy2

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 09:35 am
@djmple,
Definitely not harsh or unfriendly. Only tell it like it is, that's my motto.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 09:49 am
@djmple,

GFQ (and GBQ) have been sending their Hall Monitors here for five years now, poo-pooing puzzler's attempts at figuring out the answers.

it's quite comical...
grumpy2

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 10:20 am
@glos 10,
Are you Timmy the Dog by any chance? All that barking up trees finally got you there even if you did get a few too many "nudges" or "hints" along the way.
grumpy2

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 10:35 am
@Region Philbis,
Not much "figuring out" needed when answers are almost handed to you on a plate. "Comical" might apply to some of the replies given unless you happen to take GFQ as seriously as most of us who remember the brilliant GBQ would like to. Who really wants to see it disappear the same sad way? Be honest, we all NEED a REAL challenge to keep our brains alive don't we? You won't find much better than this quiz at the moment.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 10:52 am
@grumpy2,

so posting the question here is frowned upon, but it's ok to type it into a search engine?

that makes no sense...
grumpy2

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:05 am
@Region Philbis,
The quiz setter states that you can Google as much as you like so why does it make no sense? That's the way most of us find our answers I think.
glos 10

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:59 am
@grumpy2,
More like Julian having solved the 'mystery'!
I was wondering why you were spending so much time looking at the posts as you seem quite opposed to the principle of nudges, hints and help!
At what point do you want a hint to stop so that the help goes no further than helping you? Where is the line drawn?
Just saying it the way it is! Or seems to be.
Cheer up.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:39 pm
@grumpy2,

and your job is to brow-beat those who don't get with the program as spelled out by The Almighty Quiz Setter. Question

Quote:
why does it make no sense?
let me re-phrase...

what's the difference between asking a person for the answer and asking google?

what's wrong with a group of people discussing the question and trying to figure out the answer?
djmple

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 01:14 pm
@Region Philbis,
This discussion is very interesting but I'm still the dark about the answer and two nights Googling instead of sleeping is no good at all for my constitution.
0 Replies

grumpy2

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 02:09 pm
@glos 10,
Already thoroughly cheered thanks. Posted my answers days ago. Good luck with yours.
0 Replies

BALLYBOY

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 05:36 am
@Ramires7,
Zach AND dUSTIN jOHNSON
0 Replies