It's Party Time

gordy

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 01:58 pm
You're having a dinner party and you've got 6 magic invites.You can invite 6 guests,dead or alive from anytime in history or the present.
Here's my guests:

Who are you inviting?

1 Louise Brooks.Silent era actress.probably the most beautiful women who ever lived,and such great insight.

2 Eva Cassidy.I never tire of listening to her music.

3 Plato. Now theres someone who knows philosophy.

4 Albert Einstein.I think he would be a really whity guest,and he knows a bit about science

5 Elvis.It wouldn't be a party without the King

6 John Force. The drag racer guy.Very much alive and a God amongst us mere mortals
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,829 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 04:43 pm
Gordy, I'd adopt your list in a minute but I'd like Neil Young instead of Louise Brooks, My dad instead of "the King," A lost true soul, Chuck, instead of Eva Cassidy, and Larry and Jenn instead of Plato and Albert.

O.k. My list is different.

Smile
0 Replies

gordy

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 12:32 am
Joeblow, Your list is supposed to be different and I'm glad it is.Those people are coming to my party.
I was just wondering who you would invite to yours
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 09:38 pm
1: God
2: Hitler
3: My subconcious
4: Any alien lifeforms out there
5: Asimov
6: Freud
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 09:50 pm
Great topic gordy! Here's my list:

1. Jesus Christ because I believe he's the son of God and the most important man to ever walk on the face of the earth.

2. Albert Einstein because of his brilliant mind.

3. Sigmund Freud because psychology and the working of the human mind have always fascinated me.

4. Adolph Hitler because I would hope he could tell me how it's possible to have such consuming hatred for human beings.

5. Neal Armstrong because I would love to know how he felt being the first man to walk on the moon and what it's like to be an astronaut.

6. Oprah Winfrey because I admire her so and I think we would have a great time sharing 'girl talk'.

Gordy....could I have one extra...I would LOVE to have my mom there too.
0 Replies

gordy

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:10 am
Of course bring your Mum.I feel so bad that I didn't think of my dad Embarrassed
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 03:58 am
many possibilities, wow... Smile
1) three best friends from my childhood, my first love, my mom and myself when I was 10 (I am wondering what was in my mind then)
2) paraphrasing "individual" - six different alien forms
3) if you want them to be famous

a) Katie Holmes cause I'm in love with her (and yeah, my wife knows that)
b) Michael Stipe cause I want to tell him that it meant really lot to me to listen REM on my walkman deep down in basement while bombs were falling on my town, or while walking through destroyed streets of my childhood
c) Jerry Seinfeld (if possible TV show character) cause it's good to have someone funny around
d) J.D. Salinger cause I love his work and I could after that brag that I spoke a lot with that mysterious man
e) Goran Ivanisevic (tennis player, winner of Wimbledon) to tell him that I cried watching him winning it in this stupid and ugly summer of 2001st, summer that smells like hospital, and that it was only nice thing in it, and that I was also thinking about 1992nd when he was in Wimbledon final for the first time, losing from Agassi, and how strange it was to watch the game under the desk (my mom ordered me so that if rocket explodes near house pieces will not hit me through window) in that beautiful sunny summer when I was 17...
f) I don't know...killer of JFK (whoever that is). Not that we should care THAT much in my country, but it's contagiuos I guess, so all american movies, books, theories and stuff about it makes me curious.
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 04:59 am
1. Einstein
2. Aristotle
3. Malcom X
4. Winston Churchhill
5. Hitler
6. A good friend
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 06:49 am
gordy wrote:
Of course bring your Mum.I feel so bad that I didn't think of my dad Embarrassed

Yeah, I know how ya feel gordy. My mom was an afterthought. I had to go back and edit to include her. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 07:03 am
I'm not so sure I would want to invite the first people I think of....since they are celebrities, what if they turn out to be assholes?

What if I invite Jesus and he thinks I'm an asshole? He's not going to hold back on me......

What if Al Pacino turns out to be a flatulent pusbag...I mean, who knows really?

No point in bringing Pamela Anderson and Janet Jackson in because I'll just end up disappointed when they won't do a threesome with me....

I would like to request a seventh guest.....I'd like to have Jeffrey Dhamer standing by so if my guest list turns out bad he can just eat them for me.....or maybe I'll just head to Buffalo Cafe for hot wings with my family.......
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 03:44 pm
If I really wanted a good time I'd invite Robin Williams, Mel Brooks, and my grandfather
0 Replies

tell me why

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 08:10 pm
Rudyard Kipling, JM Barrie, Keats, Dumas, hmmm... Dante, Jim Henson, Da Vinci, (I wouldn't want anyone to see my subconscious...considering I can't guage how popular it would be....lol) Johnny Depp, just cause. There are a ton of people I would have loved to meet....and some very funny people, and people you would just love to get together to see who kills who first. I tried to think of really diff people....
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 08:26 pm
The Queen
Princess Margaret
Princess Anne
Princess Diana
Sarah aka Fergie
Camilla Parker Bowles
0 Replies

tell me why

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 08:33 pm
Oh boy shepaints....there'd be some evil glares in that room...
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 09:00 pm
tell_me_why wrote:
Oh boy shepaints....there'd be some evil glares in that room...

....and lots of sparkling jewelry.
0 Replies

tell me why

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 10:38 am
lol Smile
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 12:12 pm
Pontius Pilate
The Pope
Groucho Marx
Mae West
Henry Eighth
Margeret Thatcher
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 04:01 pm
Pilate was the guy who ordered the crucifixion of Jesus, right?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 04:02 pm
I wonder if he also invented pilates... Very Happy
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 04:09 pm
What about a table with some mirrors? Laughing

Well some people might like that but I'll pass on the mirrors.
0 Replies