MAMA'S CHRISTMAS GIFT

Misti26

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 12:15 pm
Wednesday, December 25, 2002

When Barry was eight years old he wanted to give his mother a Christmas gift that would be special. He bought a plain white china plate and decided he would use his hobby paints at home to create something just for her.

That night, in his room, he painted green leafs and little red berries around the edges of the plate and in the center he carefully added the words: " Merry Christmas, Mother."

When the paint dried he wrapped the plate in red paper, tied it with a gold ribbon and placed it under the tree, counting the days until Christmas.

When December 25th came, Barry took the gift from under the tree and proudly handed it to his mother. She opened the paper and there was his hand-painted Christmas plate - broken in three pieces.

Barry began to cry. "Oh, mother," he said, "I painted it all by myself." He was heartbroken. His mother put her arms around him and said, "Don't worry, I'll fix it. We'll get it back together."

Years later, Barry's mother still has that mended plate. It is one of her prized possessions. You see, it is not the gift, but the heart of love behind a present that gives Christmas its real meaning.

- Neil Eskelin
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,373 • Replies: 1
No top replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 11:06 pm
What a lovely story Misti!
Thanks so much for sharing
it with us. :wink:
0 Replies