Do You Look Like someone else?

dlowan

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 06:12 pm
I am a very tall Bunny indeed - for a Bunny - and as such, not subject to predation by eagles or owls.... great white sharks are a different matter entirely.....
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 06:14 pm
Ah ha, it is unlikely that an eagle would come after such a tall bunny.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 06:15 pm
it wouldn't want to.....unless with friendly intent....I got weapons in various secret pockets of the Bunny suit....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 06:15 pm
I look much older in a photo than I do in a mirror. I suppose I more nearly resemble the photo to others, meaning I look older than I think I do. Maybe that's why some people try to do things for me - things I can handle myself, thank you.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 07:02 pm
interesting how when we were younger and being "carded" for booze and now i am offered the "senior discount" without being "carded"!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 07:38 pm
The last time anyone asked me for my driver's license, the first thing she said was, "Good afternoon, Sir. Do you know why I stopped you?"

Joanne, odd you should mention that about strangers. A childhood family tradition involved pretty much that. I grew up in a military family during The 'Fifties. We lived many places; my secondary education involved four schools spread over three continents (I gained much from the experience, including the ability to be extraordinarily rude and otherwise objectionable in several languages). Anyway, as may be inferred, we always lived in near proximity to a military instalation of one sort or another, and most often far from immediate ancestral family. Every Christmas Eve, a couple of random servicemen were invited to dinner in our home, to accompany us to Midnight Mass (Usually at The Base Chappel, but there were a few magnificent, quite memorable, Cathedrals of varying antiquity thrown in), with a Christmas Morning Breakfast and exchange of simple gifts afterward. For one special night, home and family seemed not so very far away for all involved.

timber, who has no desire to test the wee bunnie's, or any other wee furry or feathered critter's self defense capability. Piscene pests, on the other hand, perhaps should be circumspect.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 07:43 pm
awwwwwwwwwwww....... smooch!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 12:15 am
When I lived in the states people use to tell me I looked like someone they knew all the time, but I haven't gotten that here in Canada yet. Now that I said that, it will probably start happening all the time, lol
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 06:01 am
dyslexia- The first time that I was given a senior discount WITHOUT ASKING FOR IT, was when I got really pissed.

Last night I was feeling really depressed. My husband put a CD of "Beverly Hills Cop" on the stereo. All of a sudden, it I was in the mid 1980s, when I was an aerobics freak. I started moving to the recording (not jumping, I am not ready for that, YET) and it was 1985 again. The whole experience made me realize anew that people really are as young as they believe they are. I carried on, and got my pulse up pretty high. Ya know what? My back feels better this morning than it has in years!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 06:38 am
Go Phoenix!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 07:47 am
I've also noticed that vigorous execise will energize me instead of tiring me out. That is why I don't delegate all the strenuous work to someone else.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 10:02 pm
I had a twin roaming around the town I grew up in, it was kinda strange...the kids she babysat for mistook me for her, and my friends mistook her for me..all the time...eventually she cropped her hair really short...and it stopped.
I always get "you look like Winnie" from some show I never watched, and it cracks me up cuz my Aunts name is Winnie...then, I remember what people are actually saying....not that she doesnt look good, but my aunt is in her 60's....I have a bit to go before then.
I used to get..'do you know so and so..you look so much like her' but, I think perhaps age has changed that all, I dont get it any longer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 09:35 am
There is something about my appearance that triggers mistaken identity quite often, as I pointed out. But I also get mistaken for other than the mongeral mix I am. I have been identified as Spanish, Italian, Jewish and other. The Spanish I could see, since I have Choctaw, Tejas and Cherokee Indian. Some of the others are a stretch. To me it's both fun and a challenge, particularly when I experience predjudice for being something I am not.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 11:19 am
That would be interesting, edgar.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 02:53 pm
As a teenager, they said I looked "like a very young Marlon Brando".
In my thirties, mean-spirited people said I looked like (then) President Salinas. Since baldness is inevitable, I understood my moustache had to go.
Lately I've been told I look like John Malkovich. It seems the good times are here again.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 03:24 pm
Whenever I´m sporting my "sixpence" or "newsboy" hat or whatever it was we agreed on in another thread a while back there´s always someone who will say one of the following:
"You look like Oliver Twist"...from the musical Oliver,probably,OR..
"You look like Robert Redford"...from The Sting I would imagine.

I prefer the latter.
0 Replies

BWShooter

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:16 pm
women tell me I look like their cousin or ex-husband. Sometimes I get compared to a celebrity, usually Matt Dillon or Bruce Campbell.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:22 pm
That's a fun thing. I find that now that I'm getting older it rarely happens anymore.
0 Replies