Do You Look Like someone else?

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 08:58 am
All of my life I have been told, "You look just like -" It hasn't happened to me as often lately, perhaps because I have stayed pretty much within a small range of acquaintances, friends and family. Last night my niece told me, "I was in Kroger last night when I saw someone who looked just like you. I kept looking at him, so he of course kept looking back. I was close to him in the checkout line and I kept saying to myself, 'Say something, Uncle Edgar.' But he never did and I finally had to accept that it wasn't you." Another story, going back to 1968: I was in Long Beach, CA, having coffee in a restaurant. The waitress was deep in a story about her break-up, when the fellow she was talking to asked, "What does he (her ex) look like?" She turned to me and said, "Him." Well, that same month I ended up in Manhattan. I met a fellow who put me to work. The first day of our acquaintance, he told me I reminded him a great deal of George Gobel (Is my spelling correct? I'm referring to the late comedian often called Lonesome George). I replied that people always confuse me with others this way. It all depends on the particular subjective fantasy they have going on at the time we meet. He was dubious, as he told me a few days later, until a further incident occurred. We were moving a young woman's belongings from her old apartment to a new one. The first time I spoke to her she said, "You look and talk just like my ex boyfriend." Every time I spoke or did anything she said things like, "Wow. You're freaking me out." This type of thing began when I was in my teens. Now I am 60 you would think it might eventually stop. I would be interested to know how frequently this stuff happens to others.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,385 • Replies: 37
No top replies

Rae

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 09:08 am
Nobody famous, sadly, but I do get that 'you look so familiar' or 'I know you from somewhere' all the time.

All the time.

Did I mention all the time?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 09:11 am
I had that happen to me where I used to work. There was an individual and I who looked so much alike that people kept mixing us up. At least that is what was claimed. Personally I could never see it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 09:11 am
Rae
Your kitty cat looks just like a cat I know. Can't put my finger on where I know the other cat from.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 09:15 am
<snicker, snort>
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 09:18 am
i look like a cross between Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan--pretty scary!!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 09:21 am
Not scary, dyslexia.....but my head hurts trying to conjure up that picture..... Shocked
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 09:33 am
How's this for a stretch? The one guy compared me to George Gobel. Other people have said (in a younger day) I look like James Mason. As a teenager, I had a group of girls claiming I look like Frankie Avalon. No way one person can look like all of them.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 09:34 am
I must look like somebody else in my town. A number of people that I didn't know have greeted me by another (same) name. Before that, in the recent past, I rarely had anybody say that I looked like anyone. I look, shall we say, rather unique. Laughing
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 01:33 pm
Drunk I used to look like someone, but now I don't recognize the face in the mirror anymore:)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 01:36 pm
and thats why a painted all my mirrors black
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 01:37 pm
I get that I look like Barbara Streisand and Sandra Bullock. One time someone told me I looked like Sophia Loren, that was in NH were everyone is so homogenous that I looked really exotic.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 01:39 pm
Misti26
That is a problem we all have the older we get.
Did you ever notice what we see in the mirror is not what we see on a photograph. It's always a bad picture
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 01:42 pm
Year ago people used to tell me I looked like Jill St. John. Now I get compared on occasion to Katherin Hepburn, the hair and high cheek bones I think, I hope, shees she is 100 years older than I am.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 01:44 pm
I know, I know ............

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwAWA!kXPcgUTFtpp2npgIpI0deEhdNR5VPfDAx*mu5!KoJKN6Hp0LxwbVszWboIG9y38E1bf0z8TeWHONb*Ag9HyV*lHXzsaEsB9!td3!JzQeMs0cQpRGQFlMBawoQh/A-CRYING-BABY.gif?dc=4675401590596218172
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 02:53 pm
I often get told I look familiar - but, since I have worked in high people areas from when I was 15, I never know if I have seen them somewhere work-related or not.

I usually just say I have a common face - but I do not know whether this is true or not...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 03:42 pm
I don't recall ever being told of a resemblence to a celebrity. I can think of only a vanishingly few instances of being mistaken for anyone else period. I've always been a little odd.

timber.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 05:48 pm
You look remarkably like an eagle to me, Timber!!!!!!!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 05:57 pm
Odd Tmber, you mean like inviting strangers to your house for the holidays.

And Deb, becareful I know you know that eagles are preditors who might eat a bunny. Or at the very least carry them off into the woods.

Whoops this is not a digression is it?
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 06:09 pm
last tuesday morning, i scared myself almost half to death when i looked in the mirror after i awoke from a night, well more than one night out. i rarely even look in the mirror. headed right to the barbershop. bigfoot was truly alive and well...
0 Replies