Edge of civil war in Ukraine

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 07:23 am
Vicious neo-Nazi Bendera's followers from Maidan are the real danger for Kiev Jews. Shaven-headed thugs in balaclavas have been hunting after local Jews on the sly since this madness started in November.Appeals to pogroms and to kicking all Jews out Ukrainesound more and more challenging and louder. Local Jews send their children and old people out of city if they have relatives in other places in Ukraine.

Therefore Ukrainian Jews were forced to establish their own self-defense squads. They need support of all Jews in the world and all people of good will.

Stop rabid furious anti-Semite crowds! Stop ripening massacre of Ukrainian Jews! Do not let odious Fascists to unleash civil war!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 3,567 • Replies: 30
Topic Closed
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 03:19 pm
@JewishfromPodo,
Read all about it RIGHT HERE.
Foofie

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 03:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Interesting article; however, where was the anti-Semitism? I tend to follow the wisdom of Eric Hoffer that I interpret as meaning that every movement has its zealots, and other followers might wind up being possibly sacrificed for the zealots' cause. I prefer an anonymous existence. But, the belief that they are "slaves" seems somewhat histrionic? I guess they do not like Russia, and its sphere of influence over the Ukraine?
Lustig Andrei

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 04:59 pm
@Foofie,
You can also read about it HERE but I think you need to be fluent in Latvian to follow this story.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 05:16 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Thanks for this link, Andrew.
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Lustig Andrei

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 05:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
You're welcome,edgar. Google prob'ly has some other links as well. I should check.
ehBeth

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 07:16 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Just listened to a piece on CBC radio about the current mess in the Ukraine. The podcast isn't up yet. Will check for it again on the weekend.
Lustig Andrei

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 07:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Here's the BBC take on European reaction to the crisis.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 07:28 pm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/files/2014/01/ukraine-protests-map-k.jpg

This is the one map you need to understand Ukraine’s crisis
(Courtesy of the Washington Post)
Lustig Andrei

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 07:28 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Oops. A little too big. How do I shrink it?
ehBeth

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 08:49 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
good question (and beyond my technical abilities)
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 09:17 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I resized your image.
Ragman

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 10:04 pm
@JewishfromPodo,
So who thinks that terrorism will rear it's ugly head at the Olympics? I'm not predicting it but I just smell a rat but hoping for the best.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 10:59 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I know how and it's easy. I keep the link on my desktop..

Here's the quote from an early a2k blog post -

New image BBCode features (size and align)
September 13, 2008 | By Robert Gentel
We have made updates to the image bbcode to allow you to specify the size and alignment of the images you post. This can be useful if the image is too big or if you’d like the text to wrap the image. Here is how to do it.

To specify the size, use width and height attributes on the opening image tag like this:

http://imageurl

If you want to align the image you can use “left”, “right” or “center” in an align attribute like this:

If you want to see an example of what you can do with the image align attribute see this topic.

Update: for a better example using both size and align at the same time see this topic on the Falling Man Photo

ok, this is me, I still use this, but alter the numbers given such as such a photo which migbt be vertical instead of rectangular.

It has always worked for me, but you need to pay attention re spacing.
ossobuco

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 11:11 pm
Yipes.

Ok, I routinely resize. I'll try to describe how I do it again.
just do this -
look for photos somewhere under a thousand or about, one way and another, in the choices you get.

if you want to reproduce one, do this

If the link gives cattywampus with large sizes, change the sizes.
Me, I like within, say 800 and 400..
ossobuco

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 11:19 pm
@ossobuco,
what is this crap?

it is easy.

First type [img width

and then type,with no space, =, and then, no space after, type your idea of width, say, 800; do one space and type height=400 or some other number.
ossobuco

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 11:36 pm
@ossobuco,
I meant not against Andy, but what is going on that I can't ever give link to an early a2k blog how to.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 25 Jan, 2014 12:53 am
I wouldn't be so annoyed except that I tried to link people to this advice in the a2k blog before. It is a simple thing.

I'll try again -

[img width=800 height=400]name of url[/img]

Vary the width and height, but keep them around those numbers.
izzythepush

Sat 25 Jan, 2014 04:09 am
This is another Russian glove puppet. Ukraine is caught between those who want to be part of the EU and those who want to remain in Russia's sphere of influence. The Russians are very good at demonising those who want to go their own way. Russia's not exactly got a brilliant track record when it comes to treating Jews.
Ragman

Sat 25 Jan, 2014 07:39 am
@izzythepush,
And the Ukraine, from what I understand, has it's own high degree of virulent Jewish mistreatment and ingrained hatred.