Only the authors see their posts

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 04:12 pm
I have noticed that when some page owners (e.g. politicians) on FB do not like what people post on their pages, instead of forbidding them from further posting, let them post whatever they want but make their posts visible only to them. This happens often with politicians pages.

Example. You post something that a politician does not like on his page, and he can't contest. They hide your post from everyone else. You can see your post if you are logged in, but not when you are not. No one else but you can see your post when you are logged in.

How is this done, please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,172 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 05:02 pm
@Straydog 1st,
Straydog 1st wrote:

I have noticed that when some page owners (e.g. politicians) on FB do not like what people post on their pages, instead of forbidding them from further posting, let them post whatever they want but make their posts visible only to them. This happens often with politicians pages.

Example. You post something that a politician does not like on his page, and he can't contest. They hide your post from everyone else. You can see your post if you are logged in, but not when you are not. No one else but you can see your post when you are logged in.

How is this done, please?

You’re right, they can do that, or they can ban you from posting on their page entirely.

It’s done in the admin section of the facebook page. I was an admin on a page we had a few months back regarding our new pier. I use to block the trolls all the time, they would still post but nobody but the admins were able to read them.
Straydog 1st

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 07:27 am
@jcboy,
Thank you very much for clarifying.
0 Replies