what should I do for God?

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 09:32 pm
So, i am a christian. i am 13. I do not know what i can and should do for God. i have been born and raised as a christian. now, i am in school surrounded by Christians. i don't really do anything for God besides go to church. what should I do? how can i reach out to other non-Christians? how can i strengthen my belief in God?
thanks,
Caleb

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 10:13 pm
Your post is confusing, when you say "other non Christians." Could you explain that, please?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 11:03 pm
@calebtrot,
If I were a Christian and wanted to live my faith, I would read the Gospels and try my best to follow the teachings of Jesus. I don't think your God could expect anymore from you.

I couldn't tell you how much emphasis Jesus puts on spreading your faith to "non-Christians," but I would think you would have the best success by leading by example rather than words alone.
farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 11:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
and Jesus would cry and be very sad if you were to become a Conservative Republican.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 11:43 pm
@farmerman,
I doubt it.
farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 11:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Are you calling Jesus a liar?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 12:27 am
@farmerman,
I knew you were egotistical, but now you think you're Jesus?
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 12:46 am
You are thirteen years old and goes to scool with other young people Chrisitans not Christians.
Do not think so much about what you should do for God, but for others. Any kindness you do to your fellow humans you do for God.
One thing is to be tolerante towards others regarding their religion. A person who is not a Christian - another religion - can be just as religious as you and you have to respect that. I do not know what denomination you belong to.
To say I am a Chtistian without the denomination is a way of telling others you feel superior to them. It can also mean you are ashamed of the church you belong to. If asked say "I am a Catholic/Lutheran/Methodist or whatever",
How good a Christian you are is not for you to judge nor for anybody else.
We are all very different and how religious we are is our very own private feeling. A person who does not believe at all can be a very kind and nice person and would believers and do not make fun of them.
A religious person - or a Christian - can be a nasty person. So it is not a nice trade that many so called Christians have by telling the rest of us that they are Christians.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 08:30 am
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 08:38 am
@calebtrot,
Decide for yourself what you think is Right, and always do it. Then you should be fine no matter what. And don't try to strengthen your belief in God, try to strengthen your belief in your own ability to understand the world and to make good choices. The rest will unfold for you as needs be.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 08:40 am
@calebtrot,
calebtrot wrote:

how can i strengthen my belief in God?
thanks,
Caleb

Sell your soul to Satan.
Quote:
how can i reach out to other non-Christians?

Give them an unsolicited bear hug.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 06:01 pm
@calebtrot,
(James 1:27)
Quote:
 The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.

saab

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 01:17 am
@neologist,
May I ask how a 13 year old is supposed to look after orphans and widows? Our society has changed since James wrote that.
neologist

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 01:52 am
@saab,
Can you think of any in our society whose situation resembles that of orphans and widows?
saab

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 02:32 am
@neologist,
In India the widows have a very very bad situation.
In our western world widows - beside the sorrow - hopefully have a secured income and are still respected in society.
Singel mothers have to struggle and often have a hard life - that might also include young widowns. So do singel fathers.
People on very limited social security, handycapped, mentally distrubed, refugees, the list is endless of people suffering - it is not just widows and orphans. Widowers can also suffer.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:57 am
@calebtrot,
Many, many people have died in hospitals
and been brought back to life, all thru out America,
for many years and decades. The consensus was that
after your incarnate life ( meaning your life inside your human body )
is over, then your spirit leaves that human body and u judge how well
u did in that human life, by 2 standards, 2 criteria:

1. Love

and

2. Learning.

Here 's a free website that u can use
to answer your question from people who have come back from death
and from the medical doctors who have treated them.

Its not hard to understand:

www.IANDS.org

Lemme know if u have any questions.

David
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 10:55 am
@saab,
Did you actually read my post?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 01:28 pm
Act as Christ would have. Love the unlovable. Reach out to those who retreat. Console those who cry. Teach those who do not know any better. Stand up for the shy.

The way to the Father is through the Son.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 09:19 pm
You're 13, go to school, graduate, be respectful of your parents, be kind to your friends and more importantly, be kind to the new kids in school, do not bully other students who are singled out for any reason, stand up to bully's. Find the strength to resist peer pressure, your peers are not adults, neither are 17 year olds, don't cave in if older kids taunt you for being a baby. Own yourself, don't do things that you would feel embarrassed about, if your parents knew.

Respect yourself, respect others even when they don't respect theirselves. If you have doubts, don't do it. I think God would be well served if you lived a good life, don't spread rumors, don't condemn folks before you know all facts. Knowledge is power, don't play dumb to fit in. But learn as much as you can, read varied opinions and analyze them to see what rings true to you. Open your mind so you can digest differing opinions so you can make informed decisions, and relax and enjoy your youth.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 12:36 am
Don't be "reaching out" to non-christians. We get enough of that sh*t as it is.