what should I do for God?

north

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 07:41 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Don't be "reaching out" to non-christians. We get enough of that sh*t as it is.

Perhaps

But I find is that 99.9 % of christians have no idea of the history of their religion and neither do Islamist and Jews

Ancient history , prehistory , is a good start

Ancient Sumerian texts would be a good start
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 08:00 pm
Be passive. Mean ping be in charge of your emotions. Never transgress. Be happy, and hopeful. Strengthen your community, and find respects relationship to your spirit.
0 Replies

Woman4Christ

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 04:31 am
@calebtrot,
Anything you do for God is pleasing to Him.
Have you ever got baptized in the Holy Spirit? Once you receive His blessing its a HUGE relief, its the best thing in the world.

Like the bible says these signs will follow them that belief, they will cast out demons, heal the sick, and speak in tongues. Smile

Also I recommend you try soaking in the presence of God, just be still and listen to worship music and bathe in the Holy Spirit's presence.
0 Replies

JohnBaner01

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 09:19 am
@calebtrot,
God is the force that brings matter together and allows things to co-exist. He (to personify this force) is in everything, including the words on this page. To expand, every character in this is subservient to a word, every word is subservient to the other words in the sentence, every sentence is subservient to the other sentences in the paragraph etc. etc. Now if we think about this, a sentence or paragraph only makes sense because every 'thing' in it plays its role and places itself for the good of the whole. This is the same with everything in nature and the universe. Any whole only works because of the parts do not compete yet sacrifice themselves for the good of the whole/others.

Thus, to carry out the work of God, one should be selfless and sacrifice for the good of other human beings and to live not for your own desires but for the good of others.

This however, is much easier said than done. Everyone develops a sense of self as soon as one becomes fully conscious at around 14-15. This however, is not a wholly good thing as one becomes aware of one's duties and responsibilities in life. This is the time when one becomes angry at oneself which leads to the development of the ego and in extreme circumstances leads to all kinds of evil. Teenage depression, suicide, self harm, etc. are all indicators of this time in our lives. The point of Christianity and the bible is to move away from these kinds of evils and towards goodness.

The problem is however, we don't yet know how we can do this. We only know that it is ideal to be good and not evil. So until we find, the reason for why we have been evil, we will not truly be able to live out the ideals. Until then, we can at least try.
0 Replies

anthonypameladp

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 09:53 am
@calebtrot,
Dear Caleb, you are to be commented that you are even thinking of doing something for God at such a young age. One thing you can do is get to know God better by reading the Bible. The bible at James 4:8 says that if you draw close to God He will draw close to you. What a great promise that we can collect! Hope this helps.
neologist

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 11:55 am
@anthonypameladp,
Welcome to a2k.
Caleb has left the forum after just one post 18 months ago.
But take heart.
Many people have read this thread. Many more will continue to do so.
0 Replies

33export

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 07:51 pm
Addressing the original question, Look for any priest minister,or rabbi in the yellow pages, call a couple to see what kind of advice they offer.
farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 02:21 am
@33export,
GOD CAN USE A SMOOTHIE> HES HUNGRY AND THIS DIET IS GETTING HIM SHORT TEMPERED>
0 Replies

fireman

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 02:44 am
@calebtrot,
Just be a good guy, and remember God's books
You could download this app, it will help you more https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.littlebible.thebible&hl=en
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 03:02 am
@fireman,
Where there is a god, there is a profit to be made
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 03:57 am
God has spoken to me and says that he wants you to stand on your head for an hour every day.
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 04:50 am
@Brandon9000,
I'm a little incapacitated, would it be acceptable if someone else stood on my head?
neologist

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 09:40 am
@Smileyrius,
Maybe you could stand on Brandon's head.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 05:29 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

I'm a little incapacitated, would it be acceptable if someone else stood on my head?

He didn't mention you, so I think you're off the hook.
0 Replies

anthony1312002

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 06:23 am
@calebtrot,
This is an excellent question. A good place to start is to follow what Ephesians 5:1 says.
0 Replies

DYSLEXIC

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 12:08 pm
You could your your belief the flick and enjoy life, instead of looking for things that are made up like SANTA , he goes round the hole world in one night . God suppose to talk to trillions at the same time
0 Replies