How important is your time.

Foofie

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 07:51 pm
Noticing that many people react differently to time spent on this or that line, I wonder if it correlates to the belief that time waiting is time wasted, and specifically wasted, if one believes their time is important? Is your time important; too important to waste? I'm not including time at work. Basically, free time is the time we can waste, if we believe time can be wasted.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 652 • Replies: 5
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 08:29 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Noticing that many people react differently to time spent on this or that line, I wonder if it correlates to the belief that time waiting is time wasted, and specifically wasted, if one believes their time is important? Is your time important; too important to waste? I'm not including time at work. Basically, free time is the time we can waste, if we believe time can be wasted.
I usually feel OK with it.

David
chai2

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 08:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Me too.

I realized at one point that when I defined something as wasting time, that the only reason I did so was because it was what others/society defined as wasting time.

Nowadays, I don't feel that anything I do is wasting time, because it's what I want to do, which is very important.
chai2

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 08:43 pm
@chai2,
And no, I seldom feel upset/angry/feel like I'm wasting time when in lines, or in que.

I'm no better or worse than anyone else as far as that goes, who am I to feel I'm too important to have to wait sometimes, while other people are doing their best to service people in the line.

In general, I think people who complain about waiting their turn are sophomoric.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 10:29 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Me too.

I realized at one point that when I defined something as wasting time,
that the only reason I did so was because it was what others/society defined as wasting time.

Nowadays, I don't feel that anything I do is wasting time,
because it's what I want to do, which is very important.
Well said! I join in that point of vu.
By the way, let me WELCOME U to the club of those of us
who r retired. U posted elsewhere that u get more now
than u did when u were working, thus obviating labor. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

David
chai2

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 11:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Well, I won't say I'm retired, but for the last month or two, and looking forward for another monthish, I'm not in a position to work, regardless.

I am going to find paying work to do....probably temp work, I don't want to obligate myself to anything. While Wally's around, I'm set. Smile
0 Replies