[answered]Posting to a Reply

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:04 am
HI! Great to be here!

I just made my first post, meant for Husker's reply to his quote (with a lot of "can's" in it). The thing is, I didn't see a Reply button, anywhere, other than at the top of the screen. However, I didn't want to reply to the very first post, I wanted to reply to someone else's reply.

Since there was no Reply button on Huskers reply, I clicked "Quote" in his section, and submitted my comment. But it didn't show up by his. In fact, I didn't even see his reply again (the one I'd wanted to reply to), after I'd made my post.

I looked in the FAQ's under posting, but there didn't seem to be anything which pertained to my question.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 555 • Replies: 4
No top replies

mac11

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:33 am
Hi DiamondCat, welcome to a2k.

The problem here is that the part of Husker's post you were responding to is in his "signature", so it doesn't show up when you quote whichever post you tried to respond to. I'm sure he would have understood if you'd just said his name at the beginning of your post.

You can set up your signature by clicking on Profile near the top of every page.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 02:49 pm
Diamond Cat--

Type your answer, scroll down and click "submit". Your answer will be added to the thread.

Welcome to A2K
0 Replies

DiamondCat

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 06:00 pm
Thanks, guys

I thought there was a way that my post could show directly next to the particular member I was addressing, but I can see now that it doesn't work like that. Any post made will go next in line with all latest posts.

Oh, no...I am so embarrassed. The letter I just posted ("To Rebel is Easy, to Think is Divine") I think has lots of misspellings, and I forgot to use the spell-check. Embarrassed
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 10:49 am
DC, you can edit your own posts. (If you haven't figured this out already.) Just click on the edit button within the post, and spellcheck or whatever as you wish.

A small line will show up at the bottom of the post saying "Edited one time - last edited on 4/19/04 at 11:00am" or some such.
0 Replies