like/posting on tagged pics but don't allow on timeline

jugu

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 04:16 pm
Hey,

Does anyone know that if you like or post on a picture you are tagged in but do not allow on your timeline, whether it is possible for friends to see that? i mean in the little scrolling bar on the right or sometimes on the newsfeed even...

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,788 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 04:36 pm
@jugu,
Could you restate the question please? Having trouble understanding what you are asking help with.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 08:58 pm
@jugu,
That all depends on your security settings. My security settings are set, nobody can tag me in a post or photo without my permission. It gives me the option to allow it on my timeline or not.

Quote:
A tag is a special kind of link. When you tag someone, you create a link to their Timeline. The post you tag the person in may also be added to that person’s Timeline. For example, you can tag a photo to show who’s in the photo or post a status update and say who you’re with. If you tag a friend in your status update, anyone who sees that update can click on your friend’s name and go to their Timeline. Your status update may also show up on that friend’s Timeline.
When you tag someone, they'll be notified. Also, if you or a friend tags someone in your post and the post is set to Friends or more, the post could be visible to the audience you selected plus friends of the tagged person. Learn more.
Tags in photos and posts from people you aren't friends with may appear in Timeline review where you can decide if you want to allow them on your Timeline. You can also choose to review tags by anyone, including your friends.
0 Replies

jugu

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 09:40 am
@jcboy, I also have that setting. But I don't mean on the timeline, but in the scrolling bar on the right in the newsfeed.

@butrflynet,

1. Someone tags you in a picture
2. My settings are like this I have to approve it first before it shows up on my timeline. I don't allow the pic on my timeline.
3. When still tagged (but NOT on my timeline), I like the picture and/or comment on it.
---> Does this show up for my friends on the scrolling bar on the right when you're on the newsfeed? Or even sometimes IN the newsfeed ('this person liked this picture')?

Thanks
jcboy

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 11:22 am
@jugu,
jugu wrote:

@jcboy, I also have that setting. But I don't mean on the timeline, but in the scrolling bar on the right in the newsfeed.

Thanks

Yes it will show up for your friends to see. Unless they have newsfeed turned off, or have just turned off your newsfeed.

I always keep newsfeed turned off.
jugu

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 10:09 pm
@jcboy,
Thanks and oops.
0 Replies