I am starting to hate my square-shaped speakers. Are there any more options?

Thu 9 Jan, 2014 08:22 pm
I have a square-shaped 2.0 speaker system that I would really like to replaceā€¦ Not that they are outdated or anything (actually I bought them 6 months ago), but because all the folks at the university have a pair or two with the same shape. I want something different, please help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,031 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

Butrflynet

Thu 9 Jan, 2014 08:35 pm
@aurconlin,
Put a cozy over them.

http://www.steinmanstudios.com/images/cozies/chickencozy.jpg

http://www.laurelleaffarm.com/photos/vintage-kitchen-appliance-cover-embroidered-cotton-cottage-toaster-cozy-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-u815166t.jpg

http://djiqd110ru30i.cloudfront.net/upload/304716/pattern/8784/full_9037_8784_CuteEggCozies_1.jpg

[img][/img]
0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 9 Jan, 2014 08:43 pm
@aurconlin,
Try Spam 2. They're round...and have canaries in the top center. I think that's the tweeter and little doggies in the bottom and that's the woofers.
farmerman

Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:35 am
@Ragman,
I like those cozies. Now whatabout the subwoofer?
I think Im just gonna get aTV soundbar . They sound pretty good and a subwoofer on my puter is overkill when I can wirelessly jam the sounds into my Bose system
Ragman

Fri 10 Jan, 2014 11:19 am
@farmerman,
as much as I am surprised...my g/f has a soundbar (good speaker company like JBL) coupled with a sub-woofer for her large screen HDTV and for most circumstances it sounds good even for movies - especially true with movies with lots of dialogue but not so true for movies with a lot of music and deep bass in action movies. Then the soundbar makes sounds that are a bit sizzly/tizzy or tinny for sustained music such as in a concert.( I know it's not a huge concern for you based on your past comments about some hearing loss.)
farmerman

Fri 10 Jan, 2014 01:43 pm
@Ragman,
That was the very problem I had with the Bose entertainment system. The deep bass is a floor sweeper and the voices are too theater sounding. I have a sound bar with no attached subwoofer an it captures voices , especially those muffly stupid ass Brit accents that are often more grunts than speech.
Ragman

Fri 10 Jan, 2014 05:47 pm
@farmerman,
Some Entertainment systems have a parametric equalizer where you can contour the movie sound so it makes for a more natural sound to your listening; however, when you contour for your ears, your wife might run out of the room.

Also, sometimes certain movies (DVD or Blu-Ray) have too much dynamic range of volume..so the quiet dialogue gets lost so that you need to make it louder to hear the whispers... but then when the loud noises come, they raise you right out of your seat.
0 Replies