Mon 6 Jan, 2014 08:55 pm
My son has asked me for help on his homework and I promised him I'd help. He is going through a tough time and he's trying to keep his job so he needs help with work and school. Its just a couple questions.
1) A society's ______ are the cultural expectations for how to behave in a given situation.
2) Language, beliefs, and values are examples of
b) non material culture
d) material culture
3) What is the term for groups within a culture with thier own unique cultural values and norms of behavior that distinguish them from the mainstream culture?
d) deviant group
4) A white american who sees Latino culture as deficient because it is different from Anglo culture is engaging in ____ thinking
b) cultural relativist
5) Mass produced culture, such as popular music, films, books, magazines and large circulation newspapaers are examples of
d) non material culture
6) Values and norms are just about the same everywhere
7)The media is not an important indicator of cultural values
8) Charles Horton Cooley called a person's self concept based on the response of others _____
a) the ego
b) taking the role of the other
c) the "I"
9) Which of the following is true about socialization?
a) socialization only occurs when we are children
b)we all experience socialization in the same way
c) we can function as fully productive members of society without socialization
d) it is the process of social experience by which we develop human potential and learn patterns of culture
10) The people or groups that teach us the norms of our culture and influence our self concept, emotions, attitudes and behaviors are called
a) socialization agents
b) generalized others
11) George Herbert Mead used the term ___________ to describe the representation of widespread cultural norms and values which we use as a refrence for evaluating ourselves.
a) looking glass self
d) generalized other
12) Socialization ends when we reach adulthood
13) The process by which children becoe self-aware, knowledgeable and skilled the social expectations, values and norms of their culture is known as
d) social interaction
14) Unlike a folkway, a more is closely related to
a) the core values of a group
b) high culture
c)Formal norms such as laws
d) the dominant culture of a group
15) What developments have changed the way that leisure time is used?
a) the decline of public life
b) the commodification of recreational activities
c) the rise of formal organization in recreation
d) all of the above
16) Many people assume that the purpose of the media is to supply information, educate, and entertain. Is this true?
a) this is usually true, but only in the western world
b) this is always true
c) this is not incorrect, but is somewhat naive
d) this is never true
A "couple" is 2.
If he asked you to help, why aren't you?
No wonder kids today grow up semi-neurotic and woolly-minded with teachers forcing junk questions like that on 'em..
If I had kids I'd definitely homeschool them myself (thousands do) to get them away from the bad influence of the education system
I'm thinking it took longer to type all of this than it would have to look up the answers.
Jesus is the answer to every question.