Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 10:38 am
STOP MULTI-TASKING
You may boast about your ability to multi-task in a job interview, but leave it there. In everyday life multi- tasking can absolutely ruin your productivity. Spreading your time too thin amongst multiple tasks means getting few things done, with no real accomplishment. Whether it’s school or work, start with doing one thing until you have finished it. Then do something else. It’s that simple. You’ll feel better and get more done.

Read the extract from an article.
In your own words:
1) say what the main idea is;
2) say what you think about the issue raised in the text and come to a conclusion.

Please can you help me writing some sentences about this article?
I want to know your opinion.
Thanks you! Smile

Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 11:03 am
@suzis114,
Thank you for that news bulletin.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 11:57 am
@suzis114,
Quote:
STOP MULTI-TASKING...You may boast about your ability to multi-task........ absolutely ruin your productivity...getting few things done....It’s that simple. You’ll feel better and get more done.
Disagree Suzi. /An old fella fr instance hasta multi

Quote:
Read the extract from an article....In your own words....what the main idea is....about this article?...
...and come to a conclusion.
But Suzi, what article, where, why

Quote:
Please can you help me writing some sentences
Certinly like to but not sure whatx sort of sentences you need, and

Quote:
Yea Suzi but on what exactly
ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 12:15 pm
@suzis114,
What have you prepared so far of your assignment?
0 Replies

suzis114

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 12:17 pm
@dalehileman,
Please write Smile
In your opinion multitasking is bad or good?
dalehileman

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 12:21 pm
@suzis114,
Suzi no offense, but us old guys think slow. Apparently "...an article..." refers to para above. I might have said instead, "Read the extract above from an article about multi-taking." If I am right, then

Quote:
1) say what the main idea is;
Multi-tasking wastes time

Quote:
2) say what you think about the issue raised in the text and come to a conclusion.
Without context, as I had said, I'd disagree with the statement as stated, concluding only that yuour success at multi-tasking might depend upon circumstance

Quote:
Please can you help me writing some sentences about this article?
The first sentence is probably true but the remainder might need editing per my reaction

Quote:
So can I be of any further help

Quote:
In your opinion multitasking is bad or good?
Like I said, depends on the circumstances. Sometimes I guess it can be very good, especially if you're faced with a number of small jobs each calling for immediate attention
Quote:
Thanks you!
Youse welcome Suzi, for what it's worth
glitterbag

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 12:31 pm
@suzis114,
Sighhhhhhh.

Your assignment asks you to write 'in your own words', not 'find out what everybody else thinks'. Take a chance, use your own words but keep it simple. What does it mean to you?
chai2

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 02:03 pm
@dalehileman,
Hey dale, she probably wasn't clear because she was also doing 10 other things at the time.

Anyway, she also didn't answer ehBeth question. The assignment is what the posters opinion is, not ours.

dalehileman

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 02:04 pm
@chai2,
Thanks Chai, agin made my entire day
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 12:40 am
@glitterbag,
Multi-tasking is a condition of living. How to prioritize is necessary. To stop multi-tasking means to stop living.
0 Replies

neil

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 03:25 pm
@suzis114,
I like to multitask two things, so I can stay productive while waiting for answers or inspiration.
0 Replies