How Much Wood Would a Woodchuck Chuck if a Woodchuck Could..

BillW

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 02:26 pm
Yes, thanks for the info debacle :wink: us buzzards gotta stick together, I believe I saw somewhere about a year ago that Abuzz was a pioneer in the forum business.........
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 02:42 pm
Abuzz in its prime was the best forum available for international buzzing in those days of yore. When it started its downward spiral from underfunding and participants who trashed it to the gutter level, many disappeared. Many of the old timers from Abuzz were invited to a2k, and some of us stuck around for the long haul. A2K is a much-improved version over Abuzz, because gatherings in Europe and the US have provided the opportunity to meet participants in the flesh.

It's still a good place to learn and be entertained; and meet some nice people to boot.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 06:29 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
It's still a good place to learn and be entertained; and meet some nice people to boot.

Ok - I give up! If you meet some nice people, why would you want to boot them!???
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 06:33 pm
Margo, Are you trying to be "hilarious?" I would "never" boot a2k friends.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:27 pm
To boot

Meaning

Moreover; in addition to.

Origin

This term has nothing to do with footwear. The 'boot' is thought to be a derivative of the earlier 'bat' meaning 'good or useful'. This is also the root of the word 'better'.

Forms of 'to boot' in Old English date from around 1000AD. Robert Manning of Brunne included a version of it in Langtoft's Chronicle, 1330:

"A hundreth knyghtes mo... and four hundreth to bote, squieres of gode aray."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:45 pm
Thanks, BillW. I guess that explained it to margo, heh?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:47 pm
And all this time, I've been thinking Australia was a British colony. Wink
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:16 pm
me, to boot Confused however, they were prisoners Razz
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:25 pm
BILLW!!!!!!!!!

It's YOU! It's really YOU!

I'd know that muzzle anywhere! What have you been doing with yourself all these months/years? How ya doin', buddy?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Right now, I'm on vacation. It's Spring Break, and we're on our way to Galveston. Sitting in a hotel room in DFW, supposedly checking e-mail.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:25 pm
In canada They keep their boots oot.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:33 pm
Eva wrote:
BILLW!!!!!!!!!

It's YOU! It's really YOU!

I'd know that muzzle anywhere! What have you been doing with yourself all these months/years? How ya doin', buddy?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Right now, I'm on vacation. It's Spring Break, and we're on our way to Galveston. Sitting in a hotel room in DFW, supposedly checking e-mail.

I finally escaped :wink: doing good, yourself? Have fun in Galveston.... Razz
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:38 pm
Will do!

Meanwhile, don't go anywhere. (Voluntarily or nonvoluntarily, you hear?!)
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:43 pm
I don't go anywhere ~ they take me Shocked
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 09:47:07