Waiting, 99, for what, pray
anonymously99

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 12:49 pm
@dalehileman,
Anything. In general.
Irritation

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 12:54 pm
@anonymously99,
It can be boring, it can be exciting, it can be anythng you want.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 12:54 pm
@anonymously99,
Okay 99, so I consulted my Better half, who by the way is much smarter than I, and she responded, "It's a pain"
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 01:02 pm
@anonymously99,
My other half wanted to throw in waiting. For anything in general.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 01:04 pm
@Irritation ,
Do you enjoy the time? Irritation.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 01:41 pm
@anonymously99,
At this point in her life the only difference between her and one who has a job is they have a job. One is either, intelligent or not.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 01:48 pm
As a kid, my mum and sister went in town to do some shopping including getting me a PT-19 model aircraft and I swear time practically stopped for me while I waited eagerly at home, it was the most agonisingly long afternoon I've ever known til they got back with it and even now 60 years later i can still remember the pain of waiting
anonymously99

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 01:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I have to make myself understand it is part of life.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 01:57 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I understand how painful waiting can be.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 02:00 pm
@anonymously99,
Right now it is as if I'm stuck in time. Can't do freely as I'd like. There's a wall separating me from the rest of my life.
InkRune

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 05:24 pm
@anonymously99,
Waiting is the period of time between an event that has happened, and an event that has yet to happen.

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

Jean Jaqques Rosseau
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 06:49 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

As a kid, my mum and sister went in town to do some shopping including getting me a PT-19 model aircraft and I swear time practically stopped for me while I waited eagerly at home, it was the most agonisingly long afternoon I've ever known til they got back with it and even now 60 years later i can still remember the pain of waiting

Wowsers, I can see how it would be hard to wait.

http://www.aviation-central.com/1919-1939/images/adb3d-fc.jpg

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 03:32 pm
@chai2,
Ha ha yes but I crashed it on its first flight, it wasn't too badly damaged but I never bothered trying to fly it again because i was happy to just have it hanging from my bedroom ceiling like an ornament and enjoyed just looking at it..Smile
chai2

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 03:50 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Ha ha yes but I crashed it on its first flight

Oh God, that reminds me on something I wanted soooooo badly as a little girl.

It was "the bride doll that walked, and throws its bouquet."

For what seems like FOREVER before my birthday I was saying "pleeeeeeze, please I want thebridedollthatwalksandthrowsitsbouquet, pleeeeeeeze." I just knew it would make me like the little girls in the commercial (see below).

Getting it was a very dramatic scene. The local radio station would announce childrens birthdays, and when it came to mine, the announcer said "Happy Birthday Chai! Your present is behind the green couch!"

Joy unconfined, it was the doll.

I forget if it had batteries or you had to wind it up, but we got it going once, it rickedy racked across the floor, and spazed the plastic flowers out of it arm.

Being a curious Chai, I immediately wanted to find out how it walked. So I geared it up again, then lifted the dress (I remember feeling like I was violating the bride, and taking the magic away from it), and seeing the cogs turning. Becoming more curious, I reached in an immediately got the webbing between my thumb and index finger caught in the gears.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH! PAIN, PAIN, OH PAIN. HELP, PAIN AND BLOOD!!!!

I had a real resentment against that friggin' doll after that, and wanted nothing to do with it.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 08:18 pm
Yes, toys can break your heart (sniffle)
My parents bought me a VIP Electric Roadway for Christmas when I was about 7, you had to race two slot cars around a track, but they kept spinning off at every corner no matter how slow and careful you drove, so I quickly lost interest.
50-odd years later I looked up VIP Roadways on the net for nostalgias sake and saw that two small plastic pegs were included in each set which had to be pushed into a socket underneath the car so that the other end projected into the guide slot and kept the cars from spinning off.
Yet there were no such pegs in my set, or else my dad had lost them when putting the whole thing together!
chai2

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 08:22 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
ARRRRRGHH!!!
0 Replies