What's the quickest way to get cat hair off a comforter?

panzade

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 11:23 am
hmmm...cinn...or is it sin?

I have a lovely Merlot I want you to try.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 11:25 am
After thinking about this for a little bit, I have also concluded that torching both the cat and comforter is the best solution. Wink
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 11:27 am
[edit]
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 11:33 am
Yes, I make it a point not to drink between an hour or two after closing and dawn, too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 11:42 am
Take comforter and install grommets at four corners. and Lay it out flat on clean floor. Nail corners to floor through grommets. Rake in strips top to bottom. Clean rake. Turn over comforter. Repeat. Open window. Extend comfortor out window; flap comforter all about. Bring comforter back in. Shut window. Sneeze.

Repeat sequence after seven days.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 11:57 am
I'm thinking of hanging barbed wire mosquito netting around my bed to discourage my dogs from spending too much time there.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 11:59 am
Rake? Shocked Won't that wreck the comforter!?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 12:51 pm
Testosterone oozing young men will NOT be dissuaded by some flimsy barbed wire mosquito netting....I assure you
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 01:23 pm
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 01:56 pm
(Note to Cinn -- Sorry, inside joke. There's been a long-running feud between dlowan and Craven about shaving cats. Quite funny, actually.)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:11 pm
Kicky - I have two chowdogs who think my bed was made for them and though they don't sleep there at night, they like to curl up on it when I'm away from home. They have extremely fine hair... similar to a long-haired cat. Once a week I put my velveteen comforter (dry and straight from the bed) into my dryer and tumble it for a half-hour or so, usually with a fabric softener cloth like Bounce. You don't need to have the heat turned on unless you want to get rid of dust mites at the same time and the amount of heat would depend on how delicate the fabric is. You'll be surprised and gratified, I think, by the amount of hair that is in the lint screen.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:36 pm
Piffka, that sounds like an excellent way to attack the problem. I wish it were that easy. For me though, living in New York, I would have to take the comforter, walk two blocks to the laundromat, and then pay to dry it, and have to sit there waiting for it. I am looking for a way around the shlepping of my comforter to the laundromat. But I do appreciate the thought.

Although, when I get rich (any day now, I know it!) and live in a building with a laundry room, I will definitely take that advice.
0 Replies