sapra

Mon 9 Dec, 2013 10:22 pm
How many months will it take to reduce 30 lb if I walk 10 km(6.2 miles) daily at a pace of 3 miles /hr?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,031 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Butrflynet

Mon 9 Dec, 2013 10:31 pm
@sapra,
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_pound.php

A pound of body fat equates to approximately 3500 calories. So if you have a diet deficit of 500 calories (meaning that you burn 500 calories more than you eat each day) you would lose approximately one pound per week.

http://walking.about.com/cs/howtoloseweight/a/howcalburn.htm

Your weight and the distance you walk determine the energy calories burned while walking. Walking speed matters less than distance and weight. A rule of thumb is 100 calories per mile are burned for a 180-pound person and 65 calories per mile for a 120-pound person.

A pound of fat equals 3500 calories. To lose 1 pound a week you will need to burn 3500 more calories than you eat that week. Losing one pound of fat a week is a sensible goal, but it requires burning 500 more calories per day than you eat.
0 Replies

sierraB

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 07:08 am
The weight loss does not only depends on the workouts and walking, It is also affected by many other factors like, calories intake, calories burn etc,

30 lbs is nothing if you walk 10 km everyday, you can burn 300-400 calories which is not even enough for weight loss.
0 Replies

BruceGarcia

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:22 am
Loosing weight is not an easy task for our body. Loosing 30 lb is depend upon the how much effort you have been making to loose the weight. You are doing very intense workout then you will easily lose your weight in very less time.
0 Replies