PLEASE CHECK THIS ON YOUR FACEBOOK!!

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:10 am
If you're reading this, could you answer me one question about your own Facebook account? If you go into Account Settings>Security>Recognized Devices, is there a device in there? And if so, do you have login notifications/approvals switched to On?
Apparently this should be the only reason you have a recognized device on your account, but I have one and have never put login notifications on..it's giving me some concerns about what this device is and how it got there.
I really need this answered! So appreciate you guys taking 2 mins to check your own settings for me Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 648 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Lynne321

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 09:14 am
@Lynne321,
Can anyone quickly check this for me??Smile
jespah

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 09:23 am
@Lynne321,
I've got no recognized devices (that's the setting).

Keep in mind that I don't have a smart phone. If you've ever used your smart phone on FB, even to just like something that's not even on the FB site, you may have tripped this setting.
Lynne321

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 09:45 am
@jespah,
Thanks so much for checking for me. It did say that Facebook for iPhone was the recognized device, but I read that the only way to have a device recognized is to use login notifications/approvals. When you do this, apparently you're asked to 'save your device', so that whenever you log in from that device it is trusted and you're not notified by email/text.
Under the recognized device it also showed a date, from back in September, so I'm thinking, did I do anything a few weeks back that would have set this up? And I just can't think..I didnt even know that this section of settings existed until i came across it by accident.
I'm just hoping there are others out there who have this in their settings and don't know how it got there - it would put my mind at ease.
jespah

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:31 am
@Lynne321,
Helfino. The annoying thing about FB (as you are well aware) is that there's such an onslaught of it that a lot of things like this can get lost in the shuffle.
Lynne321

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 02:22 pm
@jespah,
Absolutely, I sometimes wish I didn't have it! Thanks again.

If anyone else could have a quick check of this that would be great - just want to find someone who has a recognized device but no login notifications on..?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 04:19 pm
@Lynne321,
No, I don't have a device recognized.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 05:30 pm
I, who am comfortable with a2k and its grandeurs and foibles, am scared about facebook.

I made a mistake a few months ago by answering a message from an old colleague/pal on linked in. I signed up to acknowledge her on it, said who I am, and saw some page about contacting others, not many names and I chose a few.
I'd be glad to talk with them.

But,
I think this was sent to my surgeon and many other people, seems like a hundred. Good ******* grief.
Meantime, I sort of like it - that I can see these people I like, but I don't want to chat on there, though I might like to talk with individuals outta there. And I don't have a business, at least this year.
I take it that somehow linkedin used my yahoo contacts..
That may sound paranoid, but fits.

Some weeks later I take it my yahoo was hacked and I sent out spammy messages to lots of people recommending some strawberry jelly recipe.
Or was it raspberry? Friends figured that wouldn't be me, never having gotten a recipe from me.

If it's me, it'll be ollalieberry.
Lynne321

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 05:42 pm
@Mame,
Thanks so much for checking for me. Anyone out there that does have one??
0 Replies

Lynne321

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 05:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, these things work in mysterious ways at times, can be dangerous!
0 Replies