Facebook photo report question

Cargo90

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 09:29 pm
I want to report a photo on Facebook, however, I do not want the person who uploaded it to be banned. The photo was uploaded as a lighthearted joke about 5 years ago, and although nobody was offended by it, the content is inappropriate, and for some reason it makes me feel embarrassed for the person.

I don't want to to ask the uploader if they can take it down, because I don't know them that well, and I might sound weird. So basically what I am wondering is, can I report the photo to Facebook safely without the uploader's account being flagged or banned? Once again, they did not mean any harm, but it is clearly inappropriate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 736 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Nom de plume

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 11:56 pm
@Cargo90,
Good question. I think that you might be about 5 years too late though. They say (who ever they are, LOL) that once something is on the internet it is forever. So I would just perhaps block that person from seeing your page and get on with your life. I know it can be distressing. I had a former relative who would take photos of everyone at family gatherings and post them on FB without peoples authorization or even their knowledge. This person is now blocked from my FB and banned from my life. This sort of activity is like the tip of an iceberg. If they are violating peoples privacy than you can be sure they are doing even worse things that you are not aware of.
Cargo90

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 05:14 am
@Nom de plume,
Thanks for the reply. You are right, I could block the person and move on, but the photo isn't of me, it is actually of an old friend. If they were offended they could report it themselves, but they obviously don't care if it has been up for 5 years. I just feel bad because the photo is distasteful, and also that I made a cheeky tag on the photo (at the time), but can't remove it since it is on someone else's photo.. So I figure the only way to remove the tag is to ask the person to remove it (which could be weird since I don't know them), or to just report the photo
jcboy

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 05:50 pm
@Cargo90,
Facebook doesn't always ban the person but they will remove the photo if you report it. I've seen people post inappropriate photos without being banned, usually the first time they get a warning.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 07:25 pm
@Cargo90,
Do you mean you tagged the photo weith a person's name? or did you comment on the photo?
Cargo90

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 12:49 am
@ehBeth,
I tagged a comment on the photo (if that makes sense). Nowadays I think FB has made it so you can only tag names, but you used to be able to tag anything - words, comments, names etc on the photo. Old tags that aren't names still remain (unless deleted by the uploader of the photo).
0 Replies

Cargo90

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 12:50 am
@jcboy,
Sounds fair enough.
0 Replies