The truth about Jesus

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 02:40 pm
I watched a very interesting film the other day, it explained how there is evidence that the ancient Egyptians had a figure called Horus which follows same patterns that Jesus had.....Same reported all throughout time in different parts of the word. Born Dec 25 of a virgin, three stars. It's long winded but really it's related to the Sun they worshipped the sun. So is that a coincidence or what ?Watch zetgeist 2007 the movie on YouTube. Explains so many thing in a way that makes sense.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,352 • Replies: 32

View best answer, chosen by monicamp
Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 02:45 pm
@monicamp,
Wanna buy a bridge?
timur

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 02:50 pm
@Ragman,
Is that a bridge over troubled waters?
Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 02:53 pm
@timur,
Sail on silver bird...
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 02:55 pm
Arrogance 1 OP 0
timur

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 02:58 pm
@coldjoint,
Racist crapster - 5.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 02:58 pm
@monicamp,
If I understand your post correctly and I'm not exactly sure I do, the virgin birth story plagiarized by Christianity and its followers is in fact a very common element in many pagan rituals predating Christianity.

And no. I don't plan on watching Zeitgeist, the Direct to DVD movie. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:20 pm
@timur,
Quote:
Racist crapster - 5.

Islam is not a race, dummy.
timur

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:27 pm
@coldjoint,
You can always play your semantics silly game, you lying, predatory charlatan.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:32 pm
@timur,
Quote:
You can always play your semantics silly game, you lying, predatory charlatan.

Oh Oh I could be right up there with the people who correct grammar.

You appear to be a self-righteous arrogant jerk. And racist is used so much it has lost its meaning. It is now just a tool to intimidate people.

Homey don't play that game.
timur

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:39 pm
@coldjoint,
You are as contemptible as a leech.

On a good day you're a halfwit..
coldjoint

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:44 pm
@timur,
How did you develop your opinion so fast? Do you always rush to judgement?

You don't know a thing about me and my reasons for posting and making people aware.

You, on the other hand, are scared shitless of something if everyone doesn't agree with you. I don't ask for agreement. I just post what is going on that you would rather bury,

Now get the **** over yourself.
timur

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:48 pm
@coldjoint,
I will always resist any mendacious ideology as yours..
coldjoint

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:52 pm
@timur,
Quote:
I will always resist any mendacious ideology as yours..

As soon as you figure out what it is, or do you just bypass that?
timur

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:57 pm
@coldjoint,
I can recognize an ideology that is unethical, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative and dogmatic as yours..
coldjoint

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:09 pm
@timur,
Quote:
I can recognize an ideology that is unethical, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative and dogmatic as yours..

Can you get your foot in your mouth with your head in your ass? Then you are talking.

And what you just said is a whole lot of nothing because it applies to every ideology out there.
timur

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:13 pm
@coldjoint,
You are the talking proof that you don't have to be sentient to survive..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:26 pm
Just for something different, here's a comment about the topic of the thread. There is no unambiguous evidence that the Yeshua, who might have been a rabbi, who probably didn't say nearly all the things attributed to him, and who ended by being called Jesus in many nations--no unambiguous evidence that such a person ever existed. At the same time, i personally rate the possibility at about 50-50. The Dude may have existed, or what we have may be a character is an extended parable by the Essenes. Either way, what mattes is not the truth about whether the boy ever existed, but that billions of people have believed and presently believe that he did.

There is no unambiguous eye-witness testimony for him, despite the nonsense that Christians peddle on the subject. There is no copy of the so-called gospels which is any older than the early fourth century--more than three hundred years after he was born, if he ever did exist. It should not be amazing, though, that popular myths and religious stories attached to the legend which is all we have of the man. This is common throughout the world, although the religious adherents almost never admit it, and often actively deny it. The flood story and several of the aspects of the Pentateuch were lifted wholesale from the Gilgamesh Epic and other popular stories current in Babylon at the time of the Babylonian captivity, including, significantly, many of the harsh dicta found in the law in the Pentateuch. Evidence from Jewish sources is that the Pentateuch was heavily revised with the return of some of the exiles after the conquest of Babylonia by the Persian King Cyrus. (It is neither true that all the Hebrews were deported to Babylon, nor that their descendants returned in a body after Cyrus' conquest.)

That the story of Jesus would be similarly embellished, especially to increase its popularity with a target audience should not be a surprise, nor should it be dismissed out of hand. What one should approach with caution is the significance of the larding on of popular myth. Modern Christians believe what they want to believe, just as, i suspect, Christians did in the first century of the modern era, even before they were called Christians.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:52 pm
@monicamp,
monicamp wrote:
I watched a very interesting film the other day, it explained how there is evidence that the ancient Egyptians had a figure called Horus which follows same patterns that Jesus had.....Same reported all throughout time in different parts of the word. Born Dec 25 of a virgin, three stars. It's long winded but really it's related to the Sun they worshipped the sun. So is that a coincidence or what ?Watch zetgeist 2007 the movie on YouTube. Explains so many thing in a way that makes sense.

Yes, it does explain a lot. There were many mythological figures before Jesus' time that carried almost identical characteristics. It's pretty obvious in light of all this that the Jesus Mythology was invented to latch onto those pre-existing mythologies.
Thomas

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:19 pm
@monicamp,
monicamp wrote:
So is that a coincidence or what ?

No, it's not a coincidence. Classical antiquity abounds with myths about superheroes, born around the winter solstice to divine fathers and human virgins, who performed miracles, spread some kind of gospel, gathered a cult following, eventually got themselves executed, after which their cult survived them. Horus in Egypt is one figure that fits the pattern; Mithras in Persia would be another. Jesus of Nazareth was just another such figure typecast into this superhero role.
0 Replies