The truth about Jesus

JPB
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:22 pm
I thought I was going to come to this thread and finally find the truth about Jesus. Maybe next timeā€¦.
monicamp

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:31 pm
@coldjoint,
Why because I question what everyone else believes why does that give you the right to personally insult me? Isn't this forum suppose to allow people to get answers to questions they seek? I have come to notice how so called believers can be very cruel to those that don't believe.
monicamp

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:32 pm
@Setanta,
Yes you know more then what I did, it's very interesting.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:36 pm
@monicamp,
No Monica, it does not give him or anyone else the right to personally insult you. And yes, this forum is supposed to help you find answers to your questions. I'm sorry our batting average on the first question you pitched has been so poor.
monicamp

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:42 pm
@rosborne979,
I'm glad you understand what I'm talking about, it's something I'm looking into. I think it makes more sense.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:49 pm
@monicamp,
monicamp wrote:
I'm glad you understand what I'm talking about, it's something I'm looking into. I think it makes more sense.

That Zeitgeist movie has been around for a while. And we've had discussions about the Pagan sources of the Jesus myth before on A2K. I can't remember which threads they were, but if I can find them I'll post some links.
Thomas

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:54 pm
@monicamp,
The website religioustolerance.org has a page with book recommendations on your topic. Depending on your level of interest, you may want to check it (and the books) out.
0 Replies

monicamp

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:55 pm
@Thomas,
It's not your fault, I know the topic of conversation can be controversial, but I am just trying to find my own conclusions about many things and wanted real answers like you gave me. Thanks. I have some research to do now
0 Replies

monicamp

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 09:09 pm
@rosborne979,
It's very interesting, but that doesn't mean to say I completely believe it, I have a opened mind to all possibilities. Maybe I believe a bit of this and a bit of that. I can't make up my mind. I'm confused! I don't think I'm a pagan, or a atheist or a Christian. I'm just going about listening to views, I joined today to see what other think, but really it's a tricky one cos I would like to believe, I was a devoted Christian for most of my life, until I began to question what I have been taught. So I've begun a quest for my own conclusions on this subject. Thanks
monicamp

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 09:11 pm
@JPB,
That's what I'm searching for lol
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 09:12 pm
@monicamp,
I didn't insult you I was referring to the glib treatment of the two Know -it- alls that responded to you.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:42 pm
@monicamp,
If you do your own independent research on mythologies that existed before Jesus' time, you will find a lot of them with the same narrative. And most of them can trace their origins back to Pagan rituals which revolved around the seasons and the changes in the Sun and Moon.

And you shouldn't believe the Zeitgeist movie just because it says something, and you shouldn't believe any other single source of information either. Skepticism is a hallmark of good science. Seek multiple sources. Make sure claims align with evidence. And most of all try to understand the material your self so that you can form your own opinion and not just rely on what others claim.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 09:48 pm
Monicamp said: "I watched a very interesting film the other day, it explained how there is evidence that the ancient Egyptians had a figure called Horus which follows same patterns that Jesus had"
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe, but I don't think Jesus looked like a bleddy parrot..Wink

Egyptian god Horus
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/horus-b.gif~original
0 Replies