Thu 7 Nov, 2013 03:39 pm
Quote:
While almost all other cultures changed from primitive and medieval to democratic and egalitarian societies, one culture managed to keep even its most brutal and backward traditions and values for 1,400 years until today. (Italics mine)

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/detail/the-psychology-of-islamic-culture

maxdancona

Thu 7 Nov, 2013 04:28 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
While almost all other cultures changed from primitive and medieval to democratic and egalitarian societies, one culture managed to keep even its most brutal and backward traditions and values for 1,400 years until today. (Italics mine)

The Tea Party doesn't really count as a culture.

(... and I don't see your italics)
coldjoint

Thu 7 Nov, 2013 09:16 pm
@maxdancona,

The Tea Party doesn't really count as a culture.

(... and I don't see your italics)

This isn't about the Tea Party. And if you read the link you would know about the italics.

It is clear you have nothing to say about Islam.
coldjoint

Thu 7 Nov, 2013 09:23 pm
LvB you left Turnpike driver off your list of tags.
0 Replies

raprap

Fri 8 Nov, 2013 01:43 am
@coldjoint,
When the western world was wallowing in the filth and disease of the oppression of the theocracy of the Catholic Popes, Islamic culture was the beacon of western knowledge. Thanks to the Islamic culture, the brilliance of Euclid, Heron, Archidemes wasn't lost and the sciences of agronomy, agriculture, mathematics, astronomy (among others) advanced.

Seems that the hazard that you are trying to condemn is the wish list of western religious extremists and their dream theocracy. Sounds like the anti-science wing of the tea-publicans and the Xtian religious right is marching in lockstep with the supposed Islamic brutal and backwards values you are carping about.

Rap
maxdancona

Fri 8 Nov, 2013 07:26 am
@coldjoint,
This thread is absolutely about the Tea Party.

The article demonstrates obsessive hatred of Muslims by Tea Party Members. The article doesn't have anything real to say about Islamic psychology, it has everything to say about the psychology of Tea Party members.

Coldjoint, your psychological issues are on display here for all to see. I find them quite interesting.

LvB

Fri 8 Nov, 2013 08:28 am
@raprap,
That's a R.A.P.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 8 Nov, 2013 10:09 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The article demonstrates obsessive hatred of Muslims by Tea Party Members.

Show me one hateful in that article. Any quote will do.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 8 Nov, 2013 10:30 pm
@raprap,
Quote:
When the western world was wallowing in the filth and disease of the oppression of the theocracy of the Catholic Popes, Islamic culture was the beacon of western knowledge. Thanks to the Islamic culture, the brilliance of Euclid, Heron, Archidemes wasn't lost and the sciences of agronomy, agriculture, mathematics, astronomy (among others) advanced.

You have to be kidding. Those works were saved by conquered peoples.

Muslims simply take the credit. And remember that the oppression evolved into free societies. Islam has never changed.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 8 Nov, 2013 10:38 pm
Quote:
I have written a couple of essays regarding the Greek impact on the rise of modern science, and why the Scientific Revolution didn't happen in the Islamic world. I find this to be an interesting topic, especially since there are so many myths regarding this perpetrated by Muslims and their apologists today, so I will explore the subject in some detail.

A source that disagrees.
http://www.aina.org/articles/greek2.html
Quote:

It is also interesting to notice that virtually all freethinkers and rationalists within the Islamic world, such as Avicenna or Farabi, were at odds with Islamic orthodoxy and were frequently harassed for this. Whatever discoveries they made were more in spite of Islam than because of Islam, and in the end, Islam won. As Ibn Warraq notes, "orthodox Islam emerged victorious from the encounter with Greek philosophy. Islam rejected the idea that one could attain truth with unaided human reason and settled for the unreflective comforts of the putatively superior truth of divine revelation. Wherever one decides to place the date of this victory of orthodox Islam (perhaps in the ninth century with the conversion of al-Ashari, or in the eleventh century with the works of al-Ghazali), it has been, I believe, an unmitigated disaster for all Muslims, indeed all mankind."

You see it wasn't because of Islam. It was in spite of Islam.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 8 Nov, 2013 10:40 pm
Quote:
DID ISLAM SAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASSICAL WORLD?

http://www.think-israel.org/fjordman.grecoromanandislam.html
raprap

Sat 9 Nov, 2013 01:02 am
@coldjoint,
ColdJoint, too bad I like to check referenced sources--Think Israel.org is an extreme Zionist anti-Palestinian web page. Seems that if your contention would feel more valid if you cited a more rational source.

What "Think Israel.org" is--is proof that Zionism is capable of producing rationalizations of bigotry for bigots.

Want Proof--here's the home page http://www.think-israel.org/index.html--read the banner.

Rap

0 Replies

raprap

Sat 9 Nov, 2013 01:29 am
@coldjoint,
The Tea Party goosestep are pretty apparent when you peruse the politics

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/politics/

Rap
BillRM

Sat 9 Nov, 2013 07:38 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
While almost all other cultures changed from primitive and medieval to democratic

Such as the German culture in the center of Europe as it existence in the 1930s for example?

My lord you would think that this silliness would be gone from the human race after so many centuries of proven harm it had done not only to the targets of this kind of bigotry but to the holders of it also.

An example is the hell of a price that the German people paid as a people along with the target of their hate/bigotry the Jewish people.

You know coldjoint all you would need to do take a word processor and replaced your current target name with a whole list of others names of people and groups that was in some manner was claimed to be sub-human due to their culture or their religion of both.

The thread should be more about the psychology of bigots such as yourself coldjoint then the group you have likely randomly picked out to attack.

You need help big time.

coldjoint

Sat 9 Nov, 2013 07:36 pm
@BillRM,
You are not thinking, if you can't see the almost mirror image of Nazism and Islam.
And do not call me a bigot. My reasons for the way I or any objective person see Islam validate themselves.
coldjoint

Sat 9 Nov, 2013 07:38 pm
@raprap,
Goosestepping would be Islam and liberals. And the philosophies are totally different. How did you guys manage that?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 9 Nov, 2013 08:14 pm
Quote:
Bosnia: A War Story .... More Back-up Debunking the Big Lies

This link has some impressive sources. Try looking at the truth about Islam and deceit.
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/06/bosnia-a-war-story-more-back-up-debunking-the-big-lies.html
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 9 Nov, 2013 08:48 pm
@coldjoint,
Sorry but your attack on roughly one third of the human race look far more of something that the Nazis would come up with or the KKK or the tea party for that matter.
coldjoint

Sat 9 Nov, 2013 08:57 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry but your attack on roughly one third of the human race look far more of something that the Nazis would come up with.

No, you turning it around on me is something the Nazis would come up with.
Islam is a self motivated killer just like Hitler. And the proof is all around you.
BillRM

Sat 9 Nov, 2013 09:09 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Islam is a self motivated killer just like Hitler

Yes indeed and the Jews was plotting to take over the world when they was not out poisoning non-Jews water supplies.