Rainsoft Gold

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2013 03:13 pm
I bought the system about 13 years ago. It is a Gold Series and a 2001 model with the nylon/plastic valve casing and electronic control. I cannot find a model # on it and not sure where else to look. Had no problems with it until recently. Whenever it would regenerate our water turned milky colored w/salt taste. Run a few gallons of water and it cleared up. Then I started noticing contaminates/dirt in brine tank and was not using salt as it used to. Checked the backwash line and was clogged. Unclogged it and cleaned tank, added new salt and manually regenerated now we have hard water and I can hear gurgling in the resin tank when water is being used in house. I'm a handy man kinda guy but this one has me stumped. If I had a manual or something detailed to go by would be a good start I think. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I read through many past posts on this system but have yet to come across anything that would help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 837 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Fordsflylow

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 02:11 pm
@Fordsflylow,
Finally found time to start digging into this. Of course the label was against the wall where I couldn't see it. It's a Model # AQC 50 CT 50/60. Took the screen out below the injector and other than a few pieces of sediment and a dark coating it looks clean enough to work.
Fordsflylow

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 03:45 pm
@Fordsflylow,
Tore into it deeper. Pulled the piston that slides inside 5 vented plastic spacers with flat rubber gaskets between each. Other than they're looking a bit worn I see no reason it shouldn't be working. Put her all back together and giving it a test run even though it didn't need a charge. All the gearing is working fine. Lubed it all with some clear light grease and we'll see how she goes.
0 Replies