Sat 21 Dec, 2002 07:16 am
The title of this Word Game says it all:
Add a LETTER if You Can! - Anywhere in the WORD
1. INSERT a new letter into the previous word, in any position, to form a new word.
2. or INSERT a new letter into the previous word, and REARRANGE all the letters to form a new word.
3. The purpose of each Game is to create the LONGEST word possible.
4. Names, Places or Plural words are permitted, provided they comply with RULE 6.
5. In the event of a cross-post (i.e. when multiple posts are sent at the same time) the first RECORDED post on the site will be the new word. All subsequent new words will be based on the FIRST of the cross-post entries. The remaining cross-posts will be ignored and discounted to avoid confusion.
6. All words MUST be found in Webster's Dictionary - 10th Edition.
7. The Forum Guide will declare when a word has reached its size-limit, and accordingly, announce the winner of the LONGEST word in each game.
8. The Forum Guide will initiate all NEW word Games.
9. In the event of a dispute, correction or inquiry, a PRIVATE MESSAGE should be sent to the Forum Guide - that's currently, Bibliophile the BibleGuru.
10. In the interests of fairness, and to encourage other players to participate, no member should post two CONSECUTIVE solutions, or MULTIPLE solutions within a single post. Thank you.
Now, let the games begin.
Here are the letters for the FIRST WORD GAME:
R E D
B L A R E D
** "L" has been added and letters Rearranged **
B L A D D E R S
** I think this might be the limit, but I'll leave it for a while **
Let's move on to the next Word Game.
Here are the letters:
E A R
S C A R R E D
** S inserted and letters rearranged **
Swimpy: RESCARED does not appear in Webster's Dictionary - 10th Edition - sorry my friend, it was a good effort.
The current starting word is still:
S C A R R E D
P&L: CRUSADER is a nice word.
T R A D U C E R S
** add a T and rearrange the letters **
I scwewed up
I think this one will work though:
the only thing I can come up with is to add an 's' to the end......
Here's the next Word Game:
A X E