Please help!! Gillian, Singer, Kant, Hobbes

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 10:19 am
Carol Gilligan, Peter Singer, Immanuel Kant, Thomas Hobbes, and Ayn Rand standing right before you. You find these icons immediately drawn to the topic of justice between generations. What general issues are at stake? What objections will these philosophers make to one another, and what will their respective replies be? Do you see a way to bring them to consensus?

If Aristotle were tele-transported in time, what would he say about our morals?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 839 • Replies: 2
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 10:29 am
@mandylynn820322,
mandylynn820322 wrote:

Carol Gilligan, Peter Singer, Immanuel Kant, Thomas Hobbes, and Ayn Rand standing right before you. You find these icons immediately drawn to the topic of justice between generations. What general issues are at stake? What objections will these philosophers make to one another, and what will their respective replies be? Do you see a way to bring them to consensus?

In such a meeting, I suspect Gilligan, Singer, Kant, and Hobbes would have a very interesting discussion while Rand would be sitting in the corner, eating paste.

mandylynn820322 wrote:
If Aristotle were tele-transported in time, what would he say about our morals?

"Screw morals. You have a working tele-transporter!"
Cyracuz

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 06:18 pm
@joefromchicago,
Ye, I think it would be hard to keep their attention on justice after revealing a tele-transporter.
0 Replies