How do I remove a tag someone else put on my post?

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2013 11:25 pm
How do I remove a tag someone else put on my post or discussion?
(Someone added a stupid tag on my post and I want to remove it. This is not fair. Only the person who created the post/discussion should be allowed to add a tag) Can I disable other people from putting tags on my posts?

Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2013 11:33 pm
No, i don't believe that you can. However, you should consider that this is an open forum, and you don't "own" the topics you start. You just don't have that kind of control.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2013 11:54 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You just don't have that kind of control.
Robert told us that he was intending to go there. Hopefully he has wised up by now.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 12:35 am
@cherries9999,
If you could get enough people to apply a common tag, the original would be outvoted. Probably not worth the effort.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 02:51 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
No, i don't believe that you can. However, you should consider that this is an open forum,
and you don't "own" the topics you start. You just don't have that kind of control.
Free speech prevails.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 04:57 pm
@cherries9999,
When you start a discussion include 5 tags. Then nobody can be a smart-ass with your thread.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 05:02 pm
@panzade,

unfortunately five tags does not necessarily make a thread graffiti-proof...
ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 05:08 pm
@Setanta,
I slightly get this person since I was almost as unaware of a lot as she is, then fifty years ago.

There are ways to get rid of tags for a bit, but that is as silly as the tags in the first place.

Basically, deal with what you say.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 05:11 pm
@panzade,
I doubt that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 05:15 pm
@Region Philbis,
My tags are often supplanted by some more general tag, which is fairly aggravating - of course I'm talking about food or recipes. A lot of people seem attached to the old categories. I tend to try to beat that with as many tags as I can suffer posting.

Seriously, this is a question, not against anyone as I too spoke in generalities re tags myself, for a long time - but some threads gain interest as they go along, and they can't beat out the pablum tags.

er, pabulum
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 08:20 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
No, i don't believe that you can. However, you should consider that this is an open forum, and you don't "own" the topics you start. You just don't have that kind of control.
I actually agree with you. The tags are inconsistent though and not always relevant.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 05:06 pm
@cherries9999,
I have no idea, but I wouldn't concern myself with the tags that have been applied.

For the most part, the tags members apply are objective and reasonable, but there are plenty of clowns who think they are being cute by applying an idiotic one.

I don't think very many people even rely on this silly tags to determine what posts they will read.
panzade

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 05:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
but there are plenty of clowns who think they are being cute by applying an idiotic one.

For me , they're a source of much hilarity. Especially Setanta's tags
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 03:47 pm
@panzade,
Thus "clowns"
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 03:57 pm
I almost never notice the tags or the thumbs up or down, and even when I do, I don't let it control what I look at.

Take some comfort in that, eh?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 04:47 pm
@Mame,
eh, and welcome back

we differ, I notice them, but, eh.
0 Replies