Somebody is hacking my Facebook community page

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 06:12 pm
Hi there,

For the past few months now, a hacker/hackers have been attacking my community page, in ways like decreasing the likes count to commenting as the page inappropriate comments. The likes decrease is NOT because of the spam filter, because it happens once every 2-3 weeks and we always regain those likes, until the thing happens.

Yes, I've changed my password. Yes, I've done the Roadblock tool. Yes, I've logged out of all unknown locations on my account.

If I could get some help for this, I would seriously appreciate it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,406 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 06:17 pm
@Seltzer6425,
You'd get the best help by contacting Facebook.

We can't do anything to help you, we're not at all affiliated with Facebook.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 03:57 am
@Seltzer6425,
First off, understand your terminology. This is not hacking. No passwords have been compromised, right? It is, instead, trolling.

Here's what to do.

1. Change your group's settings to closed or secret
  2. Change membership approvals to admin only
  3. For anyone you can find who's doing the nasty commenting, kick them out of the group
  4. Delete their comments as well
  5. Don't allow anyone new into the group unless you're at least 75% sure that they aren't the perpetrator(s)
  6. Write up basic no flaming rules and leave them as the description for your group
  7. Consider changing the posting permissions and post approval settings but recognize that those can be a time sink for a busy group

Every single one of these settings is available to all group admins. Just go to the group and hit the button that looks like a star (*). Upper right corner, near where it says + Create Group.

Caveat!

If you're the only admin then this is fine although it is work for you. If you are not, then work this out with your fellow admins and make sure they are all on the same page as you.
Seltzer6425

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:02 pm
@jespah,
Thanks for the post. However, it is definitely hacking. Anyways, it is a PAGE (like facebook.com/pages/Ban-Nick-Studio-10/427779753976472), not a group.
0 Replies