7

What is the best whisky?

Jhonx

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 09:06 am
I'm not an expert, but I want try for drink wisky. But a good whisky! Help me.
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,928 • Replies: 15

1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 09:17 am
@Jhonx,
Maker's Mark and George Dickel are the whiskeys I have appreciated. Jim Beam is good. While Southern Comfort is good whiskeyesque drink to mix with other stuff.
http://able2know.org/topic/220071-1

1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 09:44 am
@Jhonx,
steek weeth Piwo

Jhonx

1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 09:48 am
Thanks for the help. These are all Bourbon. But there are other type of whisky, for example the scotch whisky. The expert appreciates this type of whisky because they are intense but also very strong. You know some good brand of scotch whisky?

1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 09:55 am
@Jhonx,
That's out of my level of expertise on the topic. ((shrugs))

contrex

1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 10:17 am
@Jhonx,
Jhonx wrote:
But there are other type of whisky, for example the scotch whisky.

Indeed there is the Scotch whisky. For ordinary drinking I like a blended grain and malt whisky like Johnnie Walker Red Label or the more expensive Johnnie Walker Black Label and for special occasions a Speyside single malt such as Glenfiddich or Glen Grant. My absolute favourite is an Islay single malt called Laphroaig.

Lordyaswas

1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:30 pm
@Jhonx,
If you like smoky peat (I do), try Lagavulin.

contrex

1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:49 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

It's very nice. You may laugh at this, but I quite like the 18 year old single malt they sell in Lidl from time to time, some people say it looks and tastes like a Tamnavulin 18 year old. Sweet with a hint of smoke in the finish. Their 12 year old is nice too, a hint of iodine, a bit medicinal, at first I didn't like it, but by the time the bottle was half empty (i.e. a week or 10 days later) I had become very fond of it.

1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:58 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

What if you really like Smoke Pete?

ossobuco

1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:13 pm
@contrex,
I remember liking Lagavulin back when we had a friend that stocked his den bar quite well.

ossobuco

2  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:18 pm
@Jhonx,
Well, try some of these - Talisker, Macallan, Laphroaig, Bruichladdich, Springbank. I'm no expert, just like them.

Frank Apisa

2  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:45 pm
@Jhonx,
Jhonx wrote:

If you are new to whisky...any of them will do.

Ceili

1  
Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 12:15 am
Irish Whiskey - Try a Bushmills from the world's oldest distillery.
Jhonx

1  
Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 02:27 am
@Ceili,
Yesterday i tryed the Oban 12 years old and the Talisker equal aged. The first was very delicate and the flavor was quite. I liked a lot this. The second whisky was very strong and had a strong taste of smocke and of burnt wood

artisinha786

0  
Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 06:01 am
According to me Signature is the best whisky. But I am not a professional drinker. By the help my friend I suggest you a brand name of the whisky.

jaffwatson02

0  
Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 03:00 am
Elijah Craig and Johnnie Walker are the best from the rest. If you have not tested them then you have not tested any real whisky.