Apparently my mom "likes" cream of tartar.

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 03:52 pm
I have an old Facebook account that I haven't ever used and haven't even looked at in years.

My 80 year old mother has a Facebook account, that she never uses, that was set up for her by her great-granddaughter, M.

So I was really surprised yesterday when I received an email from Facebook saying (Your mom) shared a photo. I opened the email and saw this:

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/972253_10200240907801031_1142548144_n.jpg

So today I called mom and asked about her cream of tartar fandom. She assures me that she doesn't even know what cream of tartar is or whether she likes it, much less "likes" it.

Is M playing tricks on her by sending out random strange things or what? M swears she didn't do it.

Mom and I both think it's hilarious but we're kind of curious about how this happened.

Anybody know what's up with this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 816 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 04:09 pm
@boomerang,
Maybe -

see my unpopular thread here: http://able2know.org/topic/223372-1
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 05:19 pm
@boomerang,

yeah, sounds like a hacked FB account.

she should change her password asap...
boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 06:05 pm
@ossobuco,
That looks interesting. Thanks! I'm going to read that article when I'm not cooking dinner.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 06:08 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thank you!

I'll tell her to change her password but I worry that she doesn't even know what the password is. Maybe I need to tell M to get in there and deactivate her account since she doesn't use it.

I forwarded my mom the email I got from Facebook and she seemed a little worried about it -- we had laughed about it on the phone but now it wasn't quite as funny anymore. I don't like for her to worry about things like this.
0 Replies