i need help with 7th grade civics can anyone fill in the blanks?

maddybz

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 08:18 am
these are the instructions You should now be an expert on the struggles of the early U.S. government! Imagine it is 1787, and you receive this urgent message from the Constitutional Convention. Your task is to write a response to the convention delegates to help solve their problem.
Urgent Message from the Constitutional Convention!

Help Us! State leaders are demanding to know why we are starting over instead of fixing the Articles of Confederation. They say we must have a good reason or we will be replaced!

Your input will help us explain to them why this is important. In your opinion, what are the three greatest weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation? Explain how each of the weaknesses you chose requires us to write a new Constitution.

In addition, we have the Preamble to our new Constitution ready. Please rewrite it in your own words to help others understand its meaning. You may be creative with your interpretation.

this is what i have to fill in can anyone help?

Most Honorable Delegates,

I recommend that you tell the state leaders that these three weaknesses in the Articles of Confederation must be addressed. They require a new plan for government. The three greatest weaknesses in the Articles of Confederation are the following:

Tell them the first one is a problem because ________________________________________ ________________________________________… The second one is a great problem because ________________________________________… The third one is also a struggle because_________________________________…

Preamble to the U.S. Constitution

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

This is how I would rewrite this Preamble so that other people can understand it.

______________________________________…
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,194 • Replies: 4

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 04:34 pm
@maddybz,
Um, I think the whole point of the assignment is for YOU to fill in the blanks.

Give us your first draft and we can go from there.
maddybz

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 07:32 am
@Butrflynet,
ya but i have no idea what to do i dont get it at all
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 08:02 am
@maddybz,
1. FILL IN THE BLANKS with the 3 main problems of the Article of Confederation.

2. Re-write the Preamble so you can understand it better.
maddybz

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 11:20 am
@PUNKEY,
whats the preamble!?!?!?!?!??!
0 Replies