Favorite A2K Posters

nimh

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:58 pm
sozobe wrote:
I like how Setanta handled this, offering praise (I agree, I like seeing praise) but in an overtly un-cliquey way.

Yes, Sets post about the newcomers he liked, I would subscribe to each like and reason why, and it was wonderfully articulate. <nods>
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:58 pm
panzade wrote:
... When I think back on my first postings, my trepidation stemmed from a fear that A2K was a group of cliques revolving around a few moderators.

Curious here ... pardon the digression (if nimh can, so can I Razz )

Was that an impression you gathered from looking over A2K initially, or was it more just a general suspicions of Forums in the generic?

and then you wrote:
It is quite evident that this is not so. I think us newbies have learned a lot and we will be much more at ease when posting in.

Glad you feel that way. Its the folks who post here that make this site what it is, and its great you're on board. Thanks for choosing to participate.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 06:20 pm
panzade wrote:
When I think back on my first postings, my trepidation stemmed from a fear that A2K was a group of cliques revolving around a few moderators. It is quite evident that this is not so. I think us newbies have learned a lot and we will be much more at ease when posting in.

That's wonderful, panzade! A big welcome.

One thing I really, really like about nimh is his ability to step outside of conventional thinking and say things both honestly and articulately. He often challenges me (by example) to think more deeply before posting, to try to push aside the easy or standard answer and delve further.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 06:40 pm
There really aren't cliques. It is more like individual cells bumping with their antigen sites, but then, the ph changes... or something.

Also, learning is possible here. Not only re data, and increasing openness within points of view - if not deep change - but in how to represent what you think to others.
It's great practice for real life. (Not that this isn't, I don't think it is not, heh. It's just different real life.)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 06:41 pm
Timber wrote:

"Was that an impression you gathered from looking over A2K initially, or was it more just a general suspicions of Forums in the generic?"

Both, my initial impression and a suspicious generic.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 06:53 pm
D'art
Walter Hintler
JLNobody
shepaints
famerman
BillW
Betheh
jjorge
peuo

and everyone mentioned above.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 03:09:25