Biblical Contradictions

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 07:21 am
What do you think are some of the biggest contradictions in the Christian bible ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,563 • Replies: 25
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 08:18 am
the major foopaa,to me, is the order of the occurence of life
on the planet.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 08:25 am
How so Farmerman ?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 10:25 am
if you read the order of appearance of (lets just say life) on the planet, the trail of events in genesis is incorrect
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 10:32 am
and if we're going to be sticklers on chronology, lets create a little darkness first, so we will be able to 'see the light'!
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 01:04 pm
For those of you that would like to participate in this topic, but do not feel well versed enough, here is a list of contradictions with hyperlinks to the verses.

I just heard a radio commercial for a local church that mentioned the bible's "inerrant and infallible" nature. That concept would seem to be at odds with contradictions.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 02:20 pm
If you study the manuscripts in the order they were written rather than in the order in which they appear in the Bible, and if you read the manuscripts through the eyes of those who wrote them, the 'contradictions' assume little importance other than being curiosities.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 02:37 pm
Amen
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 03:26 pm
I love it. Even when its wrong , its not really wrong. Hee hee.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 03:29 pm
Amen
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 04:48 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
If you study the manuscripts in the order they were written rather than in the order in which they appear in the Bible, and if you read the manuscripts through the eyes of those who wrote them, the 'contradictions' assume little importance other than being curiosities.

Perhaps you have something there foxfyre. You might repackage the biblical verses in the order according to foxfyre. You could title it The Book of Little Importance Other Than Curiosities. You never know when you may have a best seller on your hands.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 06:53 pm
mesquite wrote:
For those of you that would like to participate in this topic, but do not feel well versed enough, here is a list of contradictions with hyperlinks to the verses.

I just heard a radio commercial for a local church that mentioned the bible's "inerrant and infallible" nature. That concept would seem to be at odds with contradictions.

observation: the most obvious flaw in any item deemed to be without flaw is.....................
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 07:59 pm
The biggest contradiction is that a loving God would demand a blood sacrifice before forgiving anyone.

It makes no sense that God will send everyone who doesn't believe in his son to hell, values women less than men, and cannot decide whether children are to be punished for the sins of their parents, or not.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 03:44 am
" I am a God of love, you will believe me or Ill kill you by whatever tools I have available"

never gave that much thought in years but that IS a biggie.
Like where did Adams Childrens spouses come from?
Like who did Cane marry? his sister? gooo, even West virginia frowns on that now.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 06:55 am
mesquite wrote:
Perhaps you have something there foxfyre. You might repackage the biblical verses in the order according to foxfyre. You could title it The Book of Little Importance Other Than Curiosities. You never know when you may have a best seller on your hands.

OK, mesquite, that actually made me laugh out loud. Well done.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:53 am
Terry wrote:
The biggest contradiction is that a loving God would demand a blood sacrifice before forgiving anyone.

It makes no sense that God will send everyone who doesn't believe in his son to hell, values women less than men, and cannot decide whether children are to be punished for the sins of their parents, or not.

Terry, as a scientist, how much evidence do you NEED? before you abandon an obviously flawed thesis???
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:56 am
Remove the beam from thine own eye before removing the mote from mine . . .

Or words to that effect. Seems to me that adherents of biblical infalibility are the most prominent beam-eyed mote critics in business . . .
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:59 am
if yer gonna bileeve al that 'stuff', having a big mote 'roun yer casel is a dandy idya!
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 11:37 am
Re: Biblical Contradictions
CerealKiller wrote:
What do you think are some of the biggest contradictions in the Christian bible ?

The part where the whole thing is an absurd delusion.
0 Replies

Splitter

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 02:59 pm
Re: Biblical Contradictions
IronLionZion wrote:
CerealKiller wrote:

The part where the whole thing is an absurd delusion.

Yeah, I like that one too.
0 Replies