Merge two facebook pages. how?

Multia

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 12:53 am
We have two companies merging into a new one. Hence the facebook pages for these companies need to be merged. For the internet I understand that this can be done through
EDIT PAGE> EDIT SETTINGS > MERGE PAGES or
EDIT PAGES > RESOURCES> MERGE PAGE

However I cannot find the merge pages or resources tab.

How do i merge these pages?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,094 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 01:07 am
@Multia,
Are you Vulcan?, because if you are, you can do it without using the keyboard.
0 Replies

Peter Frouman

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 02:24 am
@Multia,
See https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/?id=238908726149664 and https://www.facebook.com/help/249601088403018/

However, it seems content is not merged so you'll need to do that manually if you want to preserve old content from the other page(s).
0 Replies

maze

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 08:23 am
hey you guys,
so i just registered here, as ai have a weird facebook issue that at least kinda fits to the original posting. any help is highly appreciated, so here we go:

i've been using a profile account not-so-privately, for years. so i wanted to finally go legit by migrating it to a (musician) page, of course by migrating all of my profile's friends to the page.
my first step was to get rid of my profile's fake surname, by pretending to be indonesian blabla, which in fact worked out. now my profile only features a single-word "first name" (it's not an actual name tho) - so as to be how i would like my (future) page to be named. i now have that 60-day ban on name changes, while continuously failing to migrate the renamed profile to a page:
after choosing a branch for said page etc and confirming the deletion of my (soon-to-be-former) profile's data, a window pops up with the odd "oops! an error occurred" message. i can still enter and use the original profile that now features a BLANK PAGE of the right name, yet without any migrated content (profile pic, FRIENDS/FANS!!!).
i deleted that undead page several times now, cleared the browser cache and cookies, logged in and out, switched browsers, repeated the whole process over and over, to no outcome.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? any help would be highly appreciated.

thank in advance,

maze
maze

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 08:44 am
@maze,
UPDATE: a befriended facebook-genius social-media nerd just tried the exact same procedure with another fb profile of his and got the same error message. so maybe it's more of an internal, hopefully temporary issue!? goddamit, fb.
0 Replies