cockroach control miami

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 12:16 pm
How do I get rid of cockroaches? Should I call an exterminator?

Ragman

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 12:20 pm
@ElvieKerwin,
draw them a map and leave bread crumbs leading to your neighbor's house.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 01:16 pm
@ElvieKerwin,
I would hire an exterminator. Bought a house many years ago, didn't know about cockroaches until we took possession of the house flipped the kitchen light on and the counter tops looked like the Indy 500. Exterminator treated the house twice and sprayed the yard so they wouldn't hide at the neighbors and return after the coast was clear. We were very young and had never lived in a roach infested place, it's gross.
Ragman

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 01:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Glitter: You do know that you're talking with a spam bot? check their other posts.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 01:38 pm
@ElvieKerwin,
Create a slave army of roaches to do your bidding!!

Mad scientists turn roaches into cyborgs, control them with Kinect, laugh at nature
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/25/roach-kinect-cyborgs/
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 01:45 pm
@Ragman,
Sorry, missed that. I guess I shouldn't pick thru a2k when I have heating pad on my neck. Just a muscle spasm, but the heat lulls me into a very mellow (albeit not alert) state. It's so relaxing. Uh, the heating pad, not the bot.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 04:04 pm
@ElvieKerwin,
Why would you want to get rid of cockroaches? They make wonderful pets.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 06:13 pm
Debacle

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 07:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey, Edgar, I think that's the same group I saw on Dancing with the Stars.

They were doing the Mexican Hat Dance and singing:

La cucaracha, la cucaracha,
ya no puede caminar
porque le falta, porque no tiene
marihuana pa' fumar.

Ya murió la cucaracha
ya la llevan a enterrar
entre cuatro zopilotes
y un ratón de sacristán.

Thanks for the heads up, Andy.

0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 07:43 pm
Cockroaches (long may their tribe increase) of all the various wildlife genera should hold the place of honor on the endangered species list. When the last of them is gone we'll all have been history for a long, long time. The last rat will crawl out of the final sewer and give up the ghost before the cockroaches even began to fizzle out.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 07:48 pm
Roaches adapt quickly. Not so many years ago, I exterminated my house with a sweetened home made bait. Last time I tried that it did not work. Then I read on line that roaches have evolved to avoid that sweet stuff.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 08:31 pm
@Debacle,
Apparently cock roaches have a sense of when something has been irradiated, it borrows beneath it.

2 things will exist after the atomic bomb that destroys mankind:

cock roaches
and
Cher
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 08:35 pm
@ElvieKerwin,
Send it to Cincinnati

Rap
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 05:00 pm
@raprap,
what the hell have you got against roaches that you'd send them to Cincinnati?
Debacle

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 05:12 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I went to Cincinnati once. It was closed.

Or was that Philly?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 06:08 pm
@ElvieKerwin,
I have heard as a home remedy to put out pans of red wine...they drink it and die and it will slowly kill them off...the worst thing you can do is step on them and such because the eggs can still breed...I would try that before calling an exterminator, and if it doesn't work I would call one...

I realize this poster may be a spammer, but good to post anyways...
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 06:52 pm
@Debacle,

Debacle wrote:

I went to Cincinnati once. It was closed.

Or was that Philly?

I managed to escape to Kentucky pronto.
Debacle

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 07:12 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Well shut my mouth! You were almost here. Not plum, but pert nigh. Go to Louisville (Lu-ah-vul, as we say) did ya? You'd remember if you did. City of beautiful horses and fast women. And bourbon.

And a few cockroaches.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 07:19 pm
@Debacle,
I was stationed at Ft. Knox fer a spell. You bet we went to Louisville weekends. I flew into Louisville Airport that year (whatever year it was -- in the 1960s, anyway) on Kentucky Derby Day. Had to circle the airport for half an hour while all the private gamblers' jets took off. The race had just ended. I was in uniform. It was literally impossible for a man in uniform to buy a drink in any of the airport lounges. Just belly up to the bar, order yer poison and someone who had made a killing on the Derby had already picked up your tab. Ahh, those days will never come again.
Debacle

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 07:36 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
The heck you were! You'll probably recall the bus station at 7th & Broadway. It was full of grunts on the weekends. I went to college three blocks from there on 4th Street. I was in Louisville from '62 to '66.

Were you at Ft. Knox for boot camp (Misery, Agony and Heartbreak) or guarding the gold stash?