Facebook: Public Postings

montgal

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 05:11 pm
I have my settings set at "Public" when I post an video, an event or articles. However, I am noticing that only people listed in my friend's list are viewing my posts and not the entire FB community. I'm sure there is a parameter I am missing. What are the settings to ensure that the entire FB community (worldwide) can view my posts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,579 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Orcadian

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 03:47 pm
@montgal,
Same happens to me. The explanation I've read is that round 12-15 months ago Fb decided to let people receive posts only from their Close Friends and the people they Follow. For other people you will just get the occasional random update when the subject matter filters through Fb's algorithms. There's no workaround for the Public that I'm aware of, but if you want to be sure your FRIENDS see your posts, ask them to add you to their Close Friends list. For people who don't do this, their Fb posts reach only about 12% of their friends. More info at Edit [Moderator]: Link removed.
0 Replies