Facebook spam?

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 10:56 pm
Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to find someone to help me with this current facebook issue that's just occured to me a couple hours ago. I logged onto facebook using my laptop, and all seemed well, until my newsfeed disappeared and I was confronted with this:
http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r800/cheesebagel1/a99ab4a3-3ff7-46ba-9850-e0d15dc90f71_zpsc81ac533.jpg
I scroll down and it's all white space until I see some of my newsfeed and then it reverts back to my facebook account. I scroll back up and there's no newsfeed, just this message. I reset my password, adjusted my privacy settings, and it's still there. I also ran a full computer scan and virus scan.
How can I get rid of this? My phone app works perfectly. It's as though this creating itself as a barrier in front of the content, as I always see what I'm supposed to see with every click and refresh before it gets replaced with this.

Any information or help would be completely appreciative. Thank you!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,276 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2013 04:53 am
This looks a LOT like phishing.

Why the hell would Facebook, a free service, need a space in any form for your credit card information if it was about blocking the account?

Clear cookies, clear the cache, and try logging in - just go to Google and search for Facebook - do not use a preexisting link or saved favorite as you may have saved a redirect and change your password again.

Then go here and report this attempt to Facebook (provide the same image you're showing here.
0 Replies